Power Cord Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Cord Storage

When putting all the stuff from our previous TT in the new 5er the shore power cord was a challenge. Having some blocking and other "stuff" on that side it was always a battle to get everything in there, and the cord is heavy enough. So I decided to build a shelf that the cord could slide under and I could still utilize the open space. Here is what it looks like.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180418_183055.jpg
Views:	1495
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1343
    I just used some shelving material i had laying around, the uprights need to be about 4" for the cord to fit. I made it about 3/8" away from the nautilus panel and cut the basement removeable wall to slide in. This also allows me to slide this panel out to inspect the back of the nautilus panel for leaks. I used 1 screw in the middle of the upright to attach to the front wall.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Nice.

Works great for those with a 30 amp cord. I miss the 30 amp for handling. You don't need a boy and gorilla to carry it around.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Duall
    y

Comment

Originally posted by vonzoog View Post
      Nice.

Works great for those with a 30 amp cord. I miss the 30 amp for handling. You don't need a boy and gorilla to carry it around.
      That is a 50 amp cord. I have thought about the cord reel but that would take up most of the space there. I miss my 30 amp TT , the cord just pulled out of a hole in the wall , when done it was easy to shove back in. I have thought about doing that on this camper.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Really like that Brian! If my tubs will fit on top, and I think they will, I will likely do this mod. My false wall is curved in, so I shouldn’t have to cut into it.
        Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
        2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
        2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

Like that ……… Great job

Comment

What a great idea. I won't use it for my cord, but it would be perfect for a couple of water hoses.

Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Simple and effective, may have to utilize in ours!
              Shawn, Tricia, and our rescue dog Pepper
              2022 Solitude 310GKR on the way
              (Formerly 2019 Reflection 320MKS and 230RL)

Comment

The one problem I see is your basement is too neat - not enough stuff in there

Mine is only a 30 amp but I added one of those wall tracks you can lock hanging hooks on (Home Depot) and use one of those Velcro hanging belts.

But nice job

Now go out and get more stuff to pack in there.
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
                  The one problem I see is your basement is too neat - not enough stuff in there

Mine is only a 30 amp but I added one of those wall tracks you can lock hanging hooks on (Home Depot) and use one of those Velcro hanging belts.

But nice job

Now go out and get more stuff to pack in there.
                  That was one of the first things I did. Trust me it is pretty full now, not much space in there.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I had to chuckle at first how neat it looked. At my last campground was a huge motor-home (greyhound size). In his basement he had label totes with number and letters, in a specific order. Then on the lids he had labels of what compartment in the tote the item was in. Inside the totes were dividers with each part and a label for that part or item. Their camp site with table cloth, flowers and lightning was right out of good housekeeping. Me - Labels???? what are labels for? I am lucky if I have all common items in the same tote like sewer fittings, water fittings, repair stuff, tools. As for labels - camping is supposed to be and adventure and a surprise in every tote, if I use one. Oh and did I mention all his chairs were labeled and hung in a specific spot with the spot labeled for the chair. Nice folks - a little overdressed (shirt /tie/dress) but nice folks.
                    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Very clean/nice..... Wild thought.... why not put a few receptacles on the wall to plug in all those adapters.

Pat
                      Pat & Marlene
                      * Dodge 5.9 2500 2006 4x4 4.1 Diff Crew Shortbed
                      * Reflection 303RLS 2015 Westlake/225/75/R15/E Tekonsha P3

Comment

Originally posted by Gyrogearloose View Post
                        Very clean/nice..... Wild thought.... why not put a few receptacles on the wall to plug in all those adapters.

Pat
                        Pat

Good idea. Since this picture I found a nice small tote that houses all the adaptors and such. I am trying to quit collecting "stuff" that I barely use but my basement is pretty full.

Brian
                        Brian & Michelle
                        2018 Reflection 29RS
                        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                        X