Main Door striker plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Door striker plate

I have a 2020 2970RL and after 3 trips I'm only able to lock the main door if the striker plate is removed. Any ideas?

Welcome Ifry607.

I had a similar situation on my unit. I just couldn't get it to line up correctly enough to latch. I finally took a Dremel tool to the striker and made the hole just a little bit bigger and had success.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by lfry607 View Post
      I have a 2020 2970RL and after 3 trips I'm only able to lock the main door if the striker plate is removed. Any ideas?
      You may want to check the position of the ‘feet’ on the steps. I had the same issue and after moving the feet either in or out, the binding at the point where the door contacted the top of the steps upon closing was resolved. It’s not rare that I have to readjust the position of the feet in order to get the door to close properly, depends on where we are camping. This may not be the same cause as yours, just passing it along.
      Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
      GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
      SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

You can check the striker plate lock interference by painting the striker plate with white poster paint (water based) or type writer correction fluid. Then operate the door several times and the dead bolt. You should quickly see where they are making contact. Then you will know what adjustments to make.

Hope this helps
        Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
        X