Bathroom door - Lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom door - Lock?

Has anyone found a replacement bath door handle that has the push button lock. Grand Kids don't know how to knock.
    GD Imagine 2800BH. Would like the style to be the same so it's an easy replacement. Thanks
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Originally posted by Outrigger View Post
    Has anyone found a replacement bath door handle that has the push button lock. Grand Kids don't know how to knock.
    GD Imagine 2800BH. Would like the style to be the same so it's an easy replacement. Thanks
    Tie them to the front steps and when you’re done, let them loose.
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

I've never found one that will work on our pocket doors. I wonder if a hook and eye could be used?

https://smile.amazon.com/Raswik-Priv...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Another option might be a section of velcro on the door and the opposite side on the door frame.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Schiefswret forgot to mention the muzzles so that the little dears screaming doesn't disturb the neighbors LOL, Seriously, a quick search for "pocket door privacy lockset" got almost 4 million hits. I think there is a good chance that with a little looking Outrigger can find something to fit his/her need.
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
            Schiefswret forgot to mention the muzzles so that the little dears screaming doesn't disturb the neighbors LOL, Seriously, a quick search for "pocket door privacy lockset" got almost 4 million hits. I think there is a good chance that with a little looking Outrigger can find something to fit his/her need.
            Our 2250RK came with black straps on each pocket door that have the mounting for the button part of the snap that is affixed to the black strap (I don't know the actual names of these things) at both ends so that when you are traveling the door can be 'locked' open by snapping it to the thing affixed on both sides of the wall(s) to prevent it from slamming back and forth.

Since it's just the DW and me we don't need to do the following but if I had the need I would do the following: 1) Source the two 'male snaps' (I made that name up b/c I don't know what they are called) probably at some sort of craft store, Home Goods, a Fabric type store, even Amazon. 2) close the door from the inside of the bathroom (or whatever room is applicable to your problem), stretch the black straps with the 'female' snap already affixed out to the point were you want to attached it to male snaps that you've purchased and mark where the center of the snap would need to be attached to the wall. 3) screw in the snap to the wall at the location you've marked. Now when you need privacy just close the door (on both sides of course) and snap on the black straps to the wall. Do you thing, unsnap, open the door, and re-snap back in the open position. Wa-La, problem solved. Let us know what you think and/or how it worked out, if you to it. Good Luck!
            Dave and Sue
            2020 GD 2250RK
            2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
            Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
            GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
            SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Thanks to all for your help, but on the Imagine 2800BH the bath has a regular door, not a pocket or barn door. The door handle is a silver lever style. I have found this type of door knob but they are for regular doors, won't fit the thinner RV doors.
              On another note, I do have a barn/pocket door on the bedroom, and like others have reported the single "stop" screw in the top track brook loose while on the road even though the door was strapped down. That inch or two of movement was enough to snap off the screw and the door came off the track. Poor design to use such a bad door stop. I purchased a rubber cork like stopper,at Lowes, put a longer screw through it and now have a real door stop. I also put in a hook & eye up at the top to lock the barn door in place while traveling.
              2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Comment

So basically your looking for a surface mount lock like a door bolt or a slide, still lots of choices out there.
                John
                2018 Momentum 395M
                2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Outrigger Google search "interior RV door lock"

These should be a direct replacement - there are many others too.

https://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Lockin...a-759317419183

https://www.amazon.com/Brushed-Inter...9925902&sr=8-3

Hope this helps
                  2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
                  X