New Grand Design Lineage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Grand Design Lineage

Have the moderators been given any early info or sneak peek on the new motorized Lineage coming out soon?

Good morning. We did take a tour of the new plant that will be producing the motorized version. It is an amazing plant that is focused on advanced production techniques and worker safety. While we were there, we got to see some mock ups and some chassis that were getting queued for assembly. Here are a few of us getting a bird's eye view.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorized.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	131873
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Yeah I was very impressed with what I saw, its definitely a very different process and set of components from what we see on the towable side. I think it will be really interesting to see the product come to market. The plant was designed with tours in mind from the get go, and the bridge we are on allows visitors to actually tour the plant while it is in operations and go over the assembly line.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Its going to be interesting. Puts GD in direct completion with Winnebago. But then again Winnebago is the the parent company.. I am curious as to the the selection of the third-generation Mercedes-Benz Sprinter VS30 chassis​.I think that is the one they are using? I know its solid and well reviewed, but from my travels Mercedes dealers (truck or auto) are few and very far between. Makes me wonder if GD will require selling dealers to have a certified Mercedes auto mechanic on staff, or if GD will allow service at a Winnebago dealer. I just wonder why they did not pick one of the US big three dealers.? All three build RV chassis and most auto dealers will work on them. I know there is more to the story and it will be interesting on how this pans out.

Thanks for the updates

PS - No I am not going to buy one - saving my money for more tools and maybe a far far future 5th wheel upgrade I need and excuse to get an F450

Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

We are limited in what we can discuss (this was actually the first time I had to sign an NDA for anything I have done at Grand Design so far), but I know that a big part of the chassis decision comes to availability. As we all know from the truck situation, availability is a hot mess right now.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

In a conversation with Tommy May at last year's Rally that's we he said. Specifically it was the Ford F450 Super Duty that was their first choice.

Comment

Originally posted by TNFSolitude View Post
              In a conversation with Tommy May at last year's Rally that's we he said. Specifically it was the Ford F450 Super Duty that was their first choice.
              According to the sneak peak email/video clip we receiver yesterday, it will be just another box on a Mercedes chassis.
              Paul and Deb Cervone
              2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
              2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
              2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Working...
              X