Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Well, I'm back early from my mule deer hunt. I'll start catching up on forum activities tomorrow. I had quite a few RV problems that I had to overcome on the trip. Details to follow. BTW, I harvested an awesome mule deer. PM for photos.

Jim
    Congratulations Jim! Sorry for the RV issues but I hope the mule deer experience provided a positive offset.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• TucsonJim
    replied
    Well, I'm back early from my mule deer hunt. I'll start catching up on forum activities tomorrow. I had quite a few RV problems that I had to overcome on the trip. Details to follow. BTW, I harvested an awesome mule deer. PM for photos.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Jlawles2
    replied
    TucsonJim Jim, I know a couple of people who did draw tags in New Mexico, Carlsbad area is where they were hunting. Couple of years no harvest. Nice thing there is you can group draw. Everyone in the group gets a number, if one of the group gets drawn all get tags. I think a group can be up to 4. Its back country hunting, boon docking basically on the side of the park roads. GF's BIL took a camper (it got extremely cold when they were there and everyone ended up with him) others were originally staying in a tent.

Leave a comment:

• TucsonJim
    replied
    Originally posted by Yoda View Post

TucsonJim I agree with Joseph You should have called me. How close to me will you be? I just cant make out your location. If your in CO thanks for your donation to our wildlife fund. Be very safe - lots of Texans hunting here right now
    Keith
    I'll actually be in an area they call the Arizona Strip. It's north of the Grand Canyon, and south of the Utah border. It's extremely remote country and I've been trying to draw a tag for 13 years. This will be a great chance to try out all the boondocking tips and techniques I've been sharing. It is primarily juniper country, so I shouldn't have any shade on the solar panels. I'll have the RV full of water and I'm carrying an extra 50 gallon tank.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Yoda
    replied
    Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
    TucsonJim Jim, shame on you for not inviting the rest of us. Good luck, hopefully the harvest goes well. Share pics.
    TucsonJim I agree with Joseph You should have called me. How close to me will you be? I just cant make out your location. If your in CO thanks for your donation to our wildlife fund. Be very safe - lots of Texans hunting here right now
    Keith

Leave a comment:

• Canyonlight
    replied
    As Bill shared, nice looking 6 X 6 ! Bet that was exciting. Ginnie will like that mount hanging in the kitchen !

Have fun on the Muley hunt.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• BillinTexas
    replied
    Good luck on the hunt, Jim. Nice looking 6 x 6.

Leave a comment:

• TucsonJim
    replied
    Originally posted by Andi View Post

LOL! Good luck Jim, Rudy is chasing pheasants this weekend, and white-tails next week. If you're both successful, might need to do a wild game feed in Quartzsite!
    I already have a freezer full of elk that I harvested last month during archery season.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rack.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	69046

Leave a comment:

• Andi
    replied
    Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Shucks, you're all invited. I'll be camped in &7<,,

Jim
    LOL! Good luck Jim, Rudy is chasing pheasants this weekend, and white-tails next week. If you're both successful, might need to do a wild game feed in Quartzsite!

Leave a comment:

• TucsonJim
    replied
    Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
    TucsonJim Jim, shame on you for not inviting the rest of us. Good luck, hopefully the harvest goes well. Share pics.
    Shucks, you're all invited. I'll be camped in &7<,,

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Jlawles2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scott'n'Wendy
    replied
    Good luck with the deer!

Leave a comment:

• TucsonJim
    started a topic Moderator Absence

Moderator Absence

I'll be out of internet coverage from 10/31 - 11/16. And Howard howson is still limited on his availability for a while longer. If you need moderator assistance, drop a line to Brian Country Campers, or Rob Cate&Rob .

I'll be boondocking in a very remote area while chasing mule deer. This will be my longest continuous boondocking adventure yet. But if I am successful early in the hunt, I'll be returning to civilization earlier.

Jim
Working...
X