Electric Jack - Clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Jack - Clicking

Anyone ever have a "clicking" in one of their front jacks? 2023, Reflection 337RLS. We hitched up yesterday and had the clicking - first time we've noticed it - hadn't camped since the end of Oct. but we had hitched up in Dec. to move the camper under the new carport. GD didn't have any advice for us and felt it may be from this incident: In Oct, when we picked up our camper from some warranty work at the dealer, I noticed the j-panel pushed in near the basement door - enough that the silicone was pulled apart - hubby noticed gravel on top of the front passenger jack foot. The camper seemed to have gotten pushed - they sealed the silicone that day and were going to order a new j-panel. Needless to say, we never went that far as it wasn't noticeable and GD said there wasn't anything behind it that could have gotten damaged and I didn't really want it going back with a large amount of silicone work to be done to replace it. BUT, now with this front passenger jack "clicking" we are wondering if there was damage to it. Curious if you've heard it on these electric leveling jacks or what your thoughts are. Thanks!
    Julie & Doug (& Finley)
    2023 Reflection 337RLS
    2011 Ford F350 SD 6.7 turbo

jaschembra -- I can't recall a similar complaint. ncitro, Cate&Rob and Country Campers have the same system on their campers, so hopefully one of them will chime in with an input soon.

Can you post a picture of the silicone "repair" done in the area of concern? I'd like to see what is being referenced.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have never had clicking, or any kind of noise from them really. With that kind of damage I wonder if the jack itself could be bent or damaged?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

howson the one item picture circled is where the silicone had to be put in.
        Julie & Doug (& Finley)
        2023 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

ncitro That is what GD was wondering - I left a message with our dealership service yesterday. We are camping and very close to them this week. I’m also going to call Lippert to hear what they say.
          Julie & Doug (& Finley)
          2023 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

I've observed service departments at many dealers jockey trailers and 5'ers around with forklifts with hitch attachments. They lift the 5'ers with landing gear down and run them at top speed in and out of the service bays. I would suspect that the dealer damaged your landing gear in that manner.
            2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Is it rapid clicking or slow clicking? Do you have a single motor drive with a cross shaft? Shoving one leg may have created misalignment with the cross shaft. I have never heard clicking in the electric legs on my trailer.
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
                Is it rapid clicking or slow clicking? Do you have a single motor drive with a cross shaft? Shoving one leg may have created misalignment with the cross shaft. I have never heard clicking in the electric legs on my trailer.
                TedS Dual motors. Slow clicking with each rotation. Thanks!
                Julie & Doug (& Finley)
                2023 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Originally posted by Reacher View Post
                  I've observed service departments at many dealers jockey trailers and 5'ers around with forklifts with hitch attachments. They lift the 5'ers with landing gear down and run them at top speed in and out of the service bays. I would suspect that the dealer damaged your landing gear in that manner.
                  Reacher Yes, That is how we saw our dealership move campers. I'm attaching a picture to this thread - we now do believe they torqued the landing gear
                  Julie & Doug (& Finley)
                  2023 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Reaching out to Lippert - the suggested checking the alignment with a straight edge after I told them our story of the repair. They also said to check the power and ground (we haven't done that yet, but we have gotten no faults) - When we went out to check, we saw what appeared to be a torqued/twisted jack. I sent the picture back to Lippert and to our dealer. Lippert suggested having the dealer inspect the jack and bracket. Our dealer service manager said, from the picture it appears you have maxed out the legs. I let him know that it happened when we hitched up at home Mon. on level ground, no way maxing out. Let the fun begin. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4805.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	131433
                    Julie & Doug (& Finley)
                    2023 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Originally posted by jaschembra View Post

TedS Dual motors. Slow clicking with each rotation. Thanks!
                      Slow click would indicate to me the clicking is on the output end of the drive, the slide tube, the feed screw, or the final feed nut.

Nah. Over extend would give you an out of stroke message, not a clicking sound.
                      Ted
                      2021 Reflection 310RLS
                      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

We leave Friday and go right past our dealer, he has told us to stop in and they will inspect it. Thanks everyone. I wanted to see if others have experienced the clicking and so far no one has.
                        Julie & Doug (& Finley)
                        2023 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

May have put the final drive bevel gears in a bind.
                          Ted
                          2021 Reflection 310RLS
                          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I don't think there is a bevel gear in the system b/c the motor and the lead screw that runs the tube in and out are parallel. On the gearbox I had the unhappy pleasure of seeing the insides of, if they twisted or bent the extension tube, it's possible that the lead screw itself or is bent. If there was an issue in the gearbox you might get skipping or jumping of the camper as you raise the unit.

Have you tried opening the front bay and listening to the jack? You may also want to use a hand driver (ratchet) and turn the jack by hand to see if you can feel binding or hear the noise.
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                              I don't think there is a bevel gear in the system b/c the motor and the lead screw that runs the tube in and out are parallel. On the gearbox I had the unhappy pleasure of seeing the insides of, if they twisted or bent the extension tube, it's possible that the lead screw itself or is bent. If there was an issue in the gearbox you might get skipping or jumping of the camper as you raise the unit.

Have you tried opening the front bay and listening to the jack? You may also want to use a hand driver (ratchet) and turn the jack by hand to see if you can feel binding or hear the noise.
                              Jlawles2 Other than listening to confirm it was coming from the left, no, we didn't open the front bay but we will. We will check out the rest. Thanks!!
                              Julie & Doug (& Finley)
                              2023 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Working...
                              X