Lippert Level-Up System Stopped Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lippert Level-Up System Stopped Working

I have the Lippert leveling system on my 2017 Solitude 310GK. I have been living in the coach full time since January of this year.
    In the spring I started noticing I needed to "re-level" the RV after every month or 6 weeks as it started to lean a bit to the front left. At the beginning of September I relocated to a different RV park. At that time the stabilizers and leveling system worked well.
    About two weeks ago I noticed that the coach was starting to REALLY lean to the front left. I went to the control panel and pushed the auto-level button. All the lights flashed as they normally would, there were some relay clicks from the basement, and nothing happened until the control panel timed out and showed a function failure. I have tried this repeatedly since then with the same result.
    I have checked the fluid and fuse and all seems well. There is no evidence of a hydraulic oil leak.
    My suspicion is there is a valve/manifold leak which is why this started out as the hydraulic fluid "leading" back into the reservoir.
    I have seen there are instructions to retract the jacks or operate the hydraulic system manually, but it appears access to the hydraulic pump is way at the top of the unit, which is mounted way high in the front bay. I am not longer the gymnast I once was to fit myself up there for this.
    Any suggestions on how to get this working so I could at least haul the RV into a GD dealer for service? Or, better yet, a quick fix so I can do this myself!
    Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
    David

David - I'm attaching a link to the troubleshooting manual from Lippert. Did you get any of the error codes listed on page 6 of the manual?

You might also try giving Lippert customer service a call. I understand they are very helpful with this type of situation. They are at 574-537-8900

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001749.pdf

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Dave & Laura View Post
      I have the Lippert leveling system on my 2017 Solitude 310GK. I have been living in the coach full time since January of this year.
      In the spring I started noticing I needed to "re-level" the RV after every month or 6 weeks as it started to lean a bit to the front left. At the beginning of September I relocated to a different RV park. At that time the stabilizers and leveling system worked well.
      About two weeks ago I noticed that the coach was starting to REALLY lean to the front left. I went to the control panel and pushed the auto-level button. All the lights flashed as they normally would, there were some relay clicks from the basement, and nothing happened until the control panel timed out and showed a function failure. I have tried this repeatedly since then with the same result.
      I have checked the fluid and fuse and all seems well. There is no evidence of a hydraulic oil leak.
      My suspicion is there is a valve/manifold leak which is why this started out as the hydraulic fluid "leading" back into the reservoir.
      I have seen there are instructions to retract the jacks or operate the hydraulic system manually, but it appears access to the hydraulic pump is way at the top of the unit, which is mounted way high in the front bay. I am not longer the gymnast I once was to fit myself up there for this.
      Any suggestions on how to get this working so I could at least haul the RV into a GD dealer for service? Or, better yet, a quick fix so I can do this myself!
      Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
      David
      What was the function failure message?

Does your control panel look like this?
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Cntrol Pnl.PNG Views:	0 Size:	133.9 KB ID:	29275

Two possibilities off the top of my head. One of the valves in the manifold isn't completely closed, so hydraulic fluid is slowly bypassing. The other possibility is the seal in the jack that's causing the trailer to lean is bypassing internally. There's a test you can do, but it involves removing a hydraulic line and running the system. I personally have not done this test, but from the description it will be a bit messy and then purging all the air out of the system (after the test) could consume a lot of time.

If you'd like to do some research, there's a lot of info available on Lippert's website: https://support.lci1.com/towable-br-...p-br-touch-pad

If I can remember I'll post some pics when I get home from work showing the manifold and the seal in the jack.

BTW--welcome to the forum. Check out the Welcome Letter when you get a chance! https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Dave & Laura That "relay clicking" sounds like the problem we had with our 50 amp fuse between the batteries and the hydraulic pump. The fuse can be bypassed (disconnect the batteries first) which should allow you to operate the pump and get the jacks raised. As for the rig going out of level, I agree that this sounds like something (valve or seal) is bypassing internally.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

JBill9694 makes a good observation regarding the noise and circuit breaker. The actual cause could be low battery voltage, which drives more current thus popping the breaker.

I brought my files to work...but since there's no response to the earlier reply I'll wait to see what (if anything) you're interested in exploring regarding the bypassing hydraulic fluid before posting that info.

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X