Dash Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Camera

At the recommendation of Cate&Rob , Rob, I recently purchased the Rexing V1-4K Dash Cam. I am surprised at the image quality which is very clear. I mounted this on the wind shield to the right of the rear view mirror up close to the top. I purchased a 256 memory card to handle long videos. It does take 1 to 3 minute videos or it can take video as long as it has power, after power on the video recording starts and if you push the record button it will run continuously instead of 1-3 minutes, at least that is how I got it to work.

REXING V1 - 4K Ultra HD Car Dash Cam 2.4" LCD Screen, Wi-Fi, 170° Wide Angle Dashboard Camera Recorder with G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording, Supercapacitor, Mobile App, 256GB Supported (amazon.com)

I will try to work on posting a short video from this, I have a few 1 minute videos but the site will not let me upload it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash Photo.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	105979

That is a photo from one of my videos to show clarity.

Brian
    Last edited by Country Campers; 02-17-2023, 08:19 PM. Reason: added photo
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

That is a very representative picture of what the Rexing is continuously recording. With all the crazy things going on in front of us when we are towing (and when we are not) . . . everyone should have one of these relatively inexpensive insurance policies.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I have the same unit. Never drive without it anymore.
      USN Engineer Retired
      2020 RAM 2500 CC 6.7 Cummins
      2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Country Campers , Hi Brian, Happy New Year. Just came accross this post of yours and wondering if you still are using the Rexing V1-4k and if so, does it still perform well? Thanks.
        Jim & Kathy
        2022 Imagine 2600RB
        2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn, Hemi e-Torque, 3:92,
        trailer tow pkg, 4x air suspension, TT TPMS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy&Jim_Imagine View Post
          Country Campers , Hi Brian, Happy New Year. Just came accross this post of yours and wondering if you still are using the Rexing V1-4k and if so, does it still perform well? Thanks.
          It is working just fine. No issues, and great quality pictures and video at a good price point.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Here's an example video from my Rexing V1-4K. Please note that I edited the video to replace the expletives with music...

https://youtu.be/pL3i-fhBFoc?si=SVcLQlW-sJoccS5Z

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Country Campers TucsonJim Thanks for the feedback Brian and Jim. Been looking at and considering a dash cam--- so many out there, good to know that you guys are happy with yours. And Happy New Year Jim.
              Jim & Kathy
              2022 Imagine 2600RB
              2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn, Hemi e-Torque, 3:92,
              trailer tow pkg, 4x air suspension, TT TPMS.

Comment

I bought a dash camera a few years ago for my motorhome. Even with several different ways of positioning it on the windshield I could never get it positioned correctly so I quit using it. It is back in the box gathering dust. I may dig it back out and try it again.
                Raymond and Dee Dee
                2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
                2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

We went with the Garmin as we also use the Garmin for our towing GPS. It is amazing how many close calls you see on a regular basis. We just let it run all the time now and download when there is a specific instance we want to recapture.

Kevin and Deb Reeder, 2021 Reflection 320 MKS, IS, 1050W Solar, Battleborne 400 Amps, Victron Multiplus and Solar, Renogy DC-DC Charger
                  2018 F-350 SRW Diesel long bed Platinum edition

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                    At the recommendation of Cate&Rob , Rob, I recently purchased the Rexing V1-4K Dash Cam. I am surprised at the image quality which is very clear. I mounted this on the wind shield to the right of the rear view mirror up close to the top. I purchased a 256 memory card to handle long videos. It does take 1 to 3 minute videos or it can take video as long as it has power, after power on the video recording starts and if you push the record button it will run continuously instead of 1-3 minutes, at least that is how I got it to work.

REXING V1 - 4K Ultra HD Car Dash Cam 2.4" LCD Screen, Wi-Fi, 170° Wide Angle Dashboard Camera Recorder with G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording, Supercapacitor, Mobile App, 256GB Supported (amazon.com)

I will try to work on posting a short video from this, I have a few 1 minute videos but the site will not let me upload it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Dash Photo.jpg Views:	460 Size:	139.3 KB ID:	105979

That is a photo from one of my videos to show clarity.

Brian
                    Hello Brian
                    I am about to pull the trigger to get the REXING V1 - 4K Ultra HD Car Dash Cam you recommend. .Do you happen to know the power draw of the unit? Can the units small screen be turned off when driving so not to be a distraction? I tried to call thier customer service today but no one was available to help - just the computer answering the phone

I read through the instructions and it appears they want it powered all the time. What happens if power is removed when I turn the truck off. I know the power plug I have is hot only with ignition on (at least I think it is - could be wrong.. I was thinking of trying to find power in my overhead consul, but that may not be possible. Although I could use one of the pass through wires and tie to an up fitter switch and sneak a power wire into the consul.

So with this dash camera, my trailer rear observation camera (monitor) and the TST tire monitor I will have 3 devices plugged into the power port. I know I can get the adapter to do it, but its getting congested on SWMBO side with all the wiring

Thanks for any thoughts

Keith

2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda Hi Keith,

This camera will become almost invisible tucked up high behind the passenger side of the inside mirror. Tuck the cable behind the headliner and down the passenger side A pillar and then the door seal. I plugged mine into an ignition switched feed from the upfitter switches behind the passenger foot well trim. The camera is designed to work with an ignition switched circuit so it automatically comes on and off with the ignition. I think the screen can be turned off, but we never do. It is recording the outside light level so it goes almost invisibly dark at night.

Rob
                      Cate & Rob
                      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                      2015 Reflection 303RLS
                      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Sadly, my constantly bug-crusted dirty windshield doesn't support 4K UHD.

Mike
                        Mike & Sonya
                        2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
                        Blue Ox SwayPro
                        2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Keith,

The only thing to add to Rob's input is that I bought a 12 v 3 port unit that sits behind my rear view camera on the camper, my Garmin 890, and the dash cam. I mounted my dash cam on the passenger side of the rear view mirror up high on the windshield not quite to the top. I can just barely see it from the driver seat. The 3 port power port plugs into the truck power port, which is always on in my Chevy, I have to remember to unplug this when parked. I am not sure of the power draw but I have left it on for hours with no issues. The screen on the dash cam is so small you will not be able to see much even in the passenger seat. There is a microphone that can record while it is on, I have mine turned of because of my passengers sailor talk sometimes.

Good unit and glad that Cate&Rob recommended it.

Brian
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS
                          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

One last question - I promise What is a high-endurance micro SD memory card/ Is this something special? I thought all memory cards were alike. I was thinking of getting a 512GB in memory size., but don't see the high-endurance on many. I did find this one https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Endur...&hvpos=&hvnetw = g&hvrand=17284465429133996346&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hv qm t=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9029146&h v targid=pla-2213369645233&psc=1&mcid=6bd9267306ec34c08c7de7575 a095d21&gad_source=1 Are there better deals out there? Per REXING the card requirement is as follows Card Requirements Class 10 / UHS-I or higher MicroSD/SDHC/SDXC memory card
                            ​OK that's more than one question I just want to make sure I get the right card. I have no clue to what the symbols mean that are on the card to tell. On the above card I see a C with a 10 in it, so is that class 10? Then there us a U with a 3 in it. Is that the UHS rating? Then there is the XC I and the V30.

Maybe I should Duck Duck Go the SD card symbols and really get myself confused

Edit
                            I found this, hope it is correct https://bulkmemorycards.com/what-the...-sd-card-mean/

Second Edit - is the optional GPS logger worth it? https://www.rexingusa.com/product/gps-logger/

Thanks
                            Keith
                            Last edited by Yoda; 02-27-2024, 11:00 AM.
                            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

This is what is different than a "normal" SD card.
                              Special Feature X Ray Proof, Water Proof, Temperature Proof, Drop Proof

That said, this probably is more marketing hype and not worth the exorbitant price. For $50 you can have a few spares on hand if one fails. The only thing you might want to think about is the card speed which gets crazy. There is also the issue that you can buy an ultra-high-speed card and it is a total waste because the device can't pump out data that fast.

My advice is to buy a descent brand, Lexor, Crucial, Samsung, WD and SanDisk are high end, in the size that you want at a descent price. Kingston, Amazon Basics, PNY and surprisingly Micro Center are descent brands. If there are issues with choppy video replay, get a higher speed card. I doubt you will see a problem.
                              Rob, Betsy and Kali (Rhodesian Ridgeback)
                              2022 Solitude-S 2930RL
                              2023 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax Denali

Comment

Working...
                              X