No announcement yet.

Atwood Helium Fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is an article from Lerch RV about the helium refrigerator. Helium instead of hydrogen to eliminate fire hazard in the event of a leak. The article mentions a lockout after improper operating conditions and needs dealer attention. The level detection is an attractive feature.
    https://rvingiseasyatlerchrv.com/201...nia-rv-owners/
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Whether hydrogen or helium makes no difference, the ammonia is the important part. If it has crystallized, they need a new fridge
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      2021 303RLS
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Wanted to give the latest update. Once we removed the fridge and looked it over, the blow out plug had been blown, not sure when, but there was only a little yellow inside the small tube about the middle of the back. We upgraded to a residential and was able to fit a 10 cubic foot one in the same space with very little gap. I had to relocate the outlet as it obstructed the fridge moving back far enough, but the trim pieces actually fit back in place and I put some pieces of insulation on top and under in the front only to contain the "breeze" that was coming through. So far so good and am pleased I didn't have to spend a ton. Thanks to whomever had input on this topic and the many others on this forum, its helpful to many more than you realize

Comment

Additionally, if anyone needs parts we have them. The electric and gas both work great and the circuit board looks brand new. No issues with doors either.

Comment

Working...
          X