Victron System Mystery Anamolies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victron System Mystery Anamolies

Moderator note: text below extracted from a post originally made in the https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...on-setup-again thread. For clarity and keeping to one topic per thread, the text (and subsequent responses) are now in this new thread. Slight edits to text (so it makes sense standing alone) were made. -Howard

My system not acting like it should. One of the issues we are having is the hardwired Watchdog EPO throws an E8 error (missing neutral on load side) but only every couple of days. Hughes Autoformer advises it happens when the two legs are drawing exactly the same, hoping that this reprogramming sorts this out as well.

howson, would you mind posting your other settings for your Cerbo, Mppt, Shunt, etc.

Also currently I see the watts being drawn from the shore power if they go to the AC loads, but any power going to charge the batteries is not added to the shore input but you can see it charging the batteries.
    Last edited by howson; 07-28-2023, 10:18 AM.
    KevinC, Vancouver, BC
    Multiplus 2 12/3000/120-50 2x120v, MPPT 150/85, Smart Shunt 712, Cerbo GX70, Victron DC to DC 30amp Charger, 600ah 12v lithium, 1050w solar
    2022 2930RL Solitude S-Class
    2022 Ford F-350 Diesel SRW with Superglide hitch.

Originally posted by KevinC View Post
    My system not acting like it should. One of the issues we are having is the hardwired Watchdog EPO throws an E8 error (missing neutral on load side) but only every couple of days. Hughes Autoformer advises it happens when the two legs are drawing exactly the same, hoping that this reprogramming sorts this out as well.

howson, would you mind posting your other settings for your Cerbo, Mppt, Shunt, etc.

Also currently I see the watts being drawn from the shore power if they go to the AC loads, but any power going to charge the batteries is not added to the shore input but you can see it charging the batteries.
    Kevin,
    No problem posting the information requested, but since you have a Multiplus 2 there may be differences. ncitro may be a better resource for comparing settings.

Since there are basic issues with the system, I'd also advise not enabling DVCC and ESS while the problems are being sorted out. As I've emphasized in the threads, these are not recommended for off-grid systems by Victron and, since there are issues you're trying to track down, add variables that complicate the troubleshooting.

With all those caveats...screenshots below.

Howard

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	8 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	117253

BMV-712 (set for 4 ea Battle Born 100aH batteries and timing delays due to solar setup)

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	8 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	117254

SmartSolar MPPT

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	8 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	117255

Gotta go walk the dog...if there's a specific screen I missed let me know.

Howard
    Last edited by howson; 07-28-2023, 10:19 AM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I actually have an original Multiplus as well, do not much help either unfortunately.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
        I actually have an original Multiplus as well, do not much help either unfortunately.
        I need to double my Ginkgo Biloba dosage...memory is not what it used to be. Who has a Multiplus II? Country Campers ? WondersAwait ? Jimmer ? bellis ?

Kevin C. -- someone here will chime in. Maybe if you post your settings it will be easier for the group to look through them and respond with questions?

Howard

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have the MP 2. My settings are posted in my install thread. I am camping so if there is something specific I can look on the system.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Howard I hear that whiskey improves memory. We can test that theory at the Rally.

I have a MPII but my rig is being stored at our family farm so Brian will probably pull settings way before I have the chance to.
            David and Deana
            2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
            2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by KevinC View Post
              If the EPO is giving you a missing neutral on load side error because the neutral reads zero, (I'm assuming you have a 50 amp rig), that means the loads on each hot are equal which will show a zero load on the neutral. Perhaps the fix is to move on of the loads from one leg to the other leg (like a group of outlets or TV's or fireplace or even the microwave) to unbalance the loads avoiding the zero load on neutral????
              Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Where is the watchdog wired into the system as that may be the key. If it's post Multiplus, then can it be move to pre Multiplus?

Can you monitor when the issue occurs and see if the Multiplus is in Boost mode assisting in a low voltage setting?
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I need to double my Ginkgo Biloba dosage...memory is not what it used to be. Who has a Multiplus II? Country Campers ? WondersAwait ? Jimmer ? bellis ?

Kevin C. -- someone here will chime in. Maybe if you post your settings it will be easier for the group to look through them and respond with questions?

Howard
                  I also have the original Multiplus.
                  2020 Imagine 2400BH
                  2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Working...
                  X