TCL Roku TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCL Roku TV

I've had my 2021 17MKE for about 2 months now. I must be getting bored tonight as I finally decided to turn on the TV and see how it works. So I plugged it in, and got an intro screen. It then tried to find a Roku signal. Now it's showing "No signal (is it on?)." Looking in the owners manual, I made an attempt to run a channel scan, but nothing happens. I am not sure whether I even have the correct remote, as the one that came with the rig says "onn." at the bottom, not "Roku." Do I need to get the correct remote first?
    Jeff Johnson
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2013 Tahoe LT

Originally posted by KemoSabeFLG View Post
    I've had my 2021 17MKE for about 2 months now. I must be getting bored tonight as I finally decided to turn on the TV and see how it works. So I plugged it in, and got an intro screen. It then tried to find a Roku signal. Now it's showing "No signal (is it on?)." Looking in the owners manual, I made an attempt to run a channel scan, but nothing happens. I am not sure whether I even have the correct remote, as the one that came with the rig says "onn." at the bottom, not "Roku." Do I need to get the correct remote first?
    Did you turn the signal buster on. Its located in the ceiling somewhere - looks like a wall plate. Has a light to indicate is is on.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Did you turn the signal buster on. Its located in the ceiling somewhere - looks like a wall plate. Has a light to indicate is is on.
      On my 303 it is behind the tv
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      2021 303RLS
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Pressed the red button on the cable/sat wall plate (see photo). Red LED illuminated. Still "No signal (is it on?)". I think I need the OEM remote. The one the dealer provided is apparently from Walmart.
        Jeff Johnson
        2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
        2013 Tahoe LT

Comment

There should be a set of manual controls on the back.

Ask around and see if others in the area are getting channels. It's not uncommon to be in locations that do not have the best reception.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

No buttons anywhere on the TV, even though the owners manual give four options for button arrays. I think I'll just go buy a new TV ...
            Jeff Johnson
            2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
            2013 Tahoe LT

Comment

The button serves two functions:

UP (light off) Tv is connected to the CATV input in the control box in the driver side panel. TV should scan for CATV signals.
              DOWN (light on) TV is connected to the roof antenna. This also supplies power to the roof antenna amplifier. TV should scan for over the air channels.

2021 Refection 297RSTS
              2020 Ford F150 Turboboost

Comment

The buttons IIRC are in an odd place. Definitely designed for remote operation. I'd have to run the slide out and look for the buttons as they are "hidden" more or less by their shape and location.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Look under the logo on the front, bottom, toward the back of the TV. Push to turn on, push and hold to turn off.
                  Ted
                  2021 Reflection 310RLS
                  2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230804_102025.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	117720 A picture it.
                    Ted
                    2021 Reflection 310RLS
                    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Here's a copy of the TCL manual 3-Series-Roku-User-Guide_US-CA-8.1_4.pdf The single button control has a few functions by short and long pressing explained in the manual. Is the Walmart remote universal? If so you can pair it to your TV and utilize it. If not you may be able to search for a remote online and purchase it directly.
                      2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Working...
                      X