Convection oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convection oven

I have one of those standard Microwave/convection ovens. Only used the microwave. I used the convection oven for the 1st time yesterday. Roasted a small turkey for 2 hours. It came out perfect. I was amazed.

My last GDRV had the convection oven also. It did a much better job on biscuits than the gas oven. My biggest issue with it is that many of our camping excursions are without hookups, so I was limited to the gas version.

Our new Solitude has a full size gas oven, and a standard microwave.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I agree completely. I was pleasantly surprised of the versatility of the convection oven, but the more I use it the more I like it. I spend a lot of time figuring out the proper temps and times because I am so new to it. I think that will get better with more experience with it.
      Bill
      2023 Imagine AIM 15RB
      2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

My last camper (Lance 1172) had a convection microwave instead of a gas oven. I thought it was going to be a problem but we ended up really liking it.
        Trib
        2019 Freightliner Cascadia 126
        2021 Momentum 320G
        2021 Road Glide Limited
        See you down the road!!

Comment

I'm looking for a good convection/microwave to replace the standard microwave unit in our 320G. What model(s) would you recommend? Does it need to be vented to the exterior? Our gas 'oven' is absolutely useless - won't maintain temps within +/- 100degrees.
          Burl
          '23 Momentum 320G
          '22 GMC 2500HD Denali

Comment

Originally posted by BurlG View Post
            I'm looking for a good convection/microwave to replace the standard microwave unit in our 320G. What model(s) would you recommend? Does it need to be vented to the exterior? Our gas 'oven' is absolutely useless - won't maintain temps within +/- 100degrees.
            We must have the same gas oven. I find it more accurate to look at the flames and estimate the temp rather than rely on the printed numbers on the knob.

I don't think they are vented to the outside. To me, the most import criteria for choosing one would be the size and fitment for the given space. I have not researched this and have no plans to install one in my camper. We have since fallen in love with our double basket air fryer.
            Trib
            2019 Freightliner Cascadia 126
            2021 Momentum 320G
            2021 Road Glide Limited
            See you down the road!!

Comment

Sorry, TribForce, but our Convection/Microwave is vented to the outside. Good thing, too, as the convection puts out a lot of heat.
              John
              2018 Momentum 395M
              2018 Ram 3500 Dually
              Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
                Sorry, TribForce, but our Convection/Microwave is vented to the outside. Good thing, too, as the convection puts out a lot of heat.
                The Furrion in my 315RLTS is not vented outside. Curious how some are (and some are not).

BurlG -- if you're not aware, there was an issue on some units (some time ago at this point) where some models charred the wall. An example in this thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...on-2018-310-gk

The point, obviously, is to read the installation requirements of any model you're considering installing carefully to ensure all clearance and airflow requirements are met.

Howard
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you @howson!
                  I did see that thread, and have given up - both on installing a convection microwave, as well as getting the oven to work. It need replacing, once I can find a unit that is NOT Furion brand, that will fit.

Burl
                  Burl
                  '23 Momentum 320G
                  '22 GMC 2500HD Denali

Comment

Working...
                  X