Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victron Multiplus II Firmware Update - Charge Settings Reconfigured.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victron Multiplus II Firmware Update - Charge Settings Reconfigured.

Yesteday I installed a new firmware update for my Multiplus II 12/3000 120-50 2x120. When checking the VRM console tonight, I saw that my battery SOC was 92%, and the batteries weren't being charged. I downloaded the configuration files with VE Configure and saw that all the charging settings had reset to the original settings (lead acid batteries). I reconfigured the settings for my LiFePO4 batteries and uploaded the file back to the Multiplus II. It's now working as intended.

For those of you with Multiplus II units, is this a normal occurrence when firmware is updated? I'm wondering if I made an error when doing the firmware update?

ncitro
    howson

P.S. I trained Ginnie on how to perform the VE Configure task in case I'm not available and she needs to make changes.

Jim
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 01-03-2024, 12:41 AM.
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Yes it's normal. As a part of the firmware update it wipes your settings back to defaults. I think if you do the update via VRM it attempts to do a backup and restore it as a part of the update but I've never tested this. Due to this I don't update my multiplus firmware unless I'm having an issue. I do the Cerbo, solar controller, and BMV, but not the multiplus.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Going by memory, bad news, there is a button on VE Config to save the settings and also send to the Multiplus. This will save your settings so you do not have to input them when an update is used, maybe the VRM portal not sure though. I would have to look later when home.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

TucsonJim see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...the-vrm-portal

Last step is restoring original settings.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
          TucsonJim see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...the-vrm-portal

Last step is restoring original settings.
          I knew I'd seen that in the past. Thanks much for the pointer. Good stuff Howard.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
          X