TireLinc Issue??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TireLinc Issue??

I have been using TireLinc which came with my Reflection on and off since November. Today as I was getting ready to leave on my maiden voyage it would not connect. When I first got up it was working, but a few hours later it was not. What happened and how do I get it back working? I do not have sensors on the tires. When I check to get it back connected the instructions refer to removing the sensors. The dealer set this up for me while doing the PDI.
    Raymond and Dee Dee
    2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
    2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

reubenray -- wish I could help, but the in-wheel version of the TireLinc is notorious for being temperamental. Many have given up and installed an aftermarket TPMS (sensors attached to metal valve stems).

Try using my favorite way to search this forum for other threads that cover the TireLinc. Enter TireLinc site:gdrvowners.com into DuckDuckGo or Google or whatever search engine you use and there will be a multitude of threads to check out.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I gave up on my TireLinc and went back to TST sensors.
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks for the info. I got them paired again and will use them this trip. I still have my TireMinder set at home. Will another TPMS work with the existing system with no issues?
        Raymond and Dee Dee
        2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
        2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

No, each set of sensors will only work with the same brand of monitor.
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

What I meant was will I need to do something with the TireLinc system if I install my TireMinder system in place of the TireLinc system?
            Raymond and Dee Dee
            2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
            2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by reubenray View Post
              What I meant was will I need to do something with the TireLinc system if I install my TireMinder system in place of the TireLinc system?
              Just power it off.
              I gave up on tire-linc as well. Just not reliable.
              2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              2021 303RLS
              Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

All of my Tire linc stuff is in a landfill with the exception of the hard wired base in my cargo area. Life is too short to fight with such an inferior product.

The GM trailer tire monitors are light years better
                2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

I gave Tire Lync the ol' college effort, but I could not prove it wasn't junk. We're contemplating a Solitude 310GK and was surprised that they still use Lync.
                  Ottertail, Minnesota
                  2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
                  2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Comment

I got TireLinc back working yesterday and this morning it quit again. I again got it working, but shortly after leaving it kept having alerts for tire temperature. I unplugged it after it kept doing it. I will manually check my tire pressures each morning of travel days. Hopefully I won't have any issues until I can get home in two weeks.
                    Raymond and Dee Dee
                    2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
                    2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

Found this interesting. Currently at a campground co-located with a Grand Design dealer. Had a tech come this morning for a thermostat problem. I asked him if he could help me get the Tirelinc set up. His first question was, “Do you have lithium batteries?”. Told him that I did and he told me that the dealership just found out in the last week or so that the Tirelinc system does not work with lithium batteries. Apparently the voltage is too high for the base station. He further told me that Lippert has no fix for the problem. He said a modulator may help. My new TPMS system should be in Wednesday and the Tirelinc will be gone.
                      Bob & Rosie
                      2024 Reflection 320MKS
                      2021 RAM 6.4L Hemi

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBob View Post
                        Found this interesting. Currently at a campground co-located with a Grand Design dealer. Had a tech come this morning for a thermostat problem. I asked him if he could help me get the Tirelinc set up. His first question was, “Do you have lithium batteries?”. Told him that I did and he told me that the dealership just found out in the last week or so that the Tirelinc system does not work with lithium batteries. Apparently the voltage is too high for the base station. He further told me that Lippert has no fix for the problem. He said a modulator may help. My new TPMS system should be in Wednesday and the Tirelinc will be gone.
                        I have an AGM battery. I have a TireMinder TPMS at home that I had on my previous trailer. I will install it when I get home in two weeks. Hopefully I want have any tire issues until then.
                        Raymond and Dee Dee
                        2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
                        2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBob View Post
                          I use my Tirelinc with a Lithium Battery. I used it with a lead acid as well and the same problems are present. I am going to switch to another TPMS as the Tirelinc has never been reliable as it constantly drops tires. The usually show back up as some point then another drops off and I have had enough of it. Admittedly I am electrically challenged so hopefully some of the electrical wizards on the forum can explain why the slightly higher voltage could cause issues. I am going to switch anyway like you are but in my case the Tirelinc problems do not seem to be related to the lithium battery.
                          Nels & Vanessa
                          2022 Reflection 31MB
                          2022 Chevy 3500 4x4 SRW Standard Bed Duramax, BW OEM non slider hitch custom 7000 axles w dual panhard rods and G rated tires.

Comment

Has anyone installed RAM OEM sensors in the GD wheels so they will pair with the system on the truck?

Comment

Originally posted by DonSangster View Post
                              Has anyone installed RAM OEM sensors in the GD wheels so they will pair with the system on the truck?
                              Interesting question! I can't remember a thread--hopefully someone chimes in as it will be most informative.

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
                              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                              2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                              X