Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
    Beachcamper

You may get lucky enough to get tools in there by removing the zip tie and by either disconnecting the toilet to let the line pull through the flooring, or cutting the soft hose to the toilet to allow you to move the PEX into a better position.

I have also had decent luck with the crimped dimpled clamps by using a set of end cutters and cutting through the crimp, or using needle nose pliers or a punch and expanding the crimp. The few times I expanded the crimp I needed to reuse the clamp due to unforeseen circumstances. They do not like to be reused, and I have replaced as soon as replacement parts were available.
    the toilet line goes through a hole just a bit bigger in diameter as the hose. I would need to cut a hole in the floor and would want to avoid that.

Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
    Demco Recon

Comment

Beachcamper

I have never tried this tool for removing clamp rings, but the video clip looks like it is one-handed operation with good leverage.
      https://www.homedepot.com/p/Apollo-P...PCRR/301923898

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	apollo-pinch-clamp-tools-69ptkpcrr-64_100.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	46331
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
        Beachcamper

I have never tried this tool for removing clamp rings, but the video clip looks like it is one-handed operation with good leverage.
        https://www.homedepot.com/p/Apollo-P...PCRR/301923898

Rob

Click image for larger version  Name:	apollo-pinch-clamp-tools-69ptkpcrr-64_100.jpg Views:	10 Size:	2.2 KB ID:	46331
        There you go again - another tool to get

Keith

On edit - HD has the best price
        https://www.amazon.com/Conbraco-69PT...5997988&sr=8-5
        Last edited by Yoda; 03-17-2021, 11:25 AM.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post

the toilet line goes through a hole just a bit bigger in diameter as the hose. I would need to cut a hole in the floor and would want to avoid that.
          Beachcamper You only need to unhook the toilet to allow for the line to be move to a more accessible location. there should be a couple of inches before the fitting on the toilet reaches the floor and will not pass without cutting the floor. If the big picture is to replace the line all the way to the toilet, You can remove the toilet fitting and pull the flex line completely through the floor for the needed access.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post

Beachcamper You only need to unhook the toilet to allow for the line to be move to a more accessible location. there should be a couple of inches before the fitting on the toilet reaches the floor and will not pass without cutting the floor. If the big picture is to replace the line all the way to the toilet, You can remove the toilet fitting and pull the flex line completely through the floor for the needed access.
            I thought about that as well but there is still the issue of the T fitting where all the lines meet. Even if I cut the cable tie holding them up, it’s still quite the reach to get in there. I will study this further and also look at borrowing a dremel to cut that crimp off. But thank you for providing another solution for me.

Rob, reviews not too promising on that tool. In the video I noticed there is a lot of back and forth twisting motion to remove. I am a coward and fear what that would do to the other connections.

Vivian
            2018 Reflection 303rls
            Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
            Demco Recon

Comment

Beachcamper

You might be right on that tool . . . I don't have any first hand experience. A dremel with a cutting disc is certainly an alternative that many have used. The two other lines on that T are Pex . . . these will be connections that will stay sealed even if you have to work the soft hose to get it off.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
              X