SeeLevel vs Victron GX140 Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeeLevel vs Victron GX140 Setup

Moderator Note: First x posts below were extracted from https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...eflection-29rs as the sensor topic is OT from Brian's original thread's intent. -Howard

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Yes, I had it temporarily mounted in the front bay then moved it here,
    Click image for larger version  Name:	panel.jpg Views:	91 Size:	51.4 KB ID:	89264

Waiting on extension cables to wire it up so the display is not on now. I had to make a new wood panel to move the factory switch panel and the EMS display to make room for the Touch 50 display. Now with all of the talk about the See Level tank gage's I may have to make another wood panel, not sure that the tank level display will fit though.

Brian
    Will the Victron GX Tank 140 work with the See Level sensors? If it does you can use your Touch 50 to see your tank levels. No need for another display
    Last edited by howson; 07-10-2022, 10:39 AM.
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post

Will the Victron GX Tank 140 work with the See Level sensors? If it does you can use your Touch 50 to see your tank levels. No need for another display
    I am not sure. I will probably not do any tank sensor upgrade, but who knows.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

There is one particular SeeLevel system that will work with a victron cerbo/touch 50 with a little bit of effort (you don't need the tank 140). Its the only way that I have seen that you can get Seelevel on a touch 50

See this post/thread for more details.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...9328#post89328
      Jim & Heidi
      2021 Solitude 375RES-r
      2024 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Now thanks to Jim , JRKJR I may be installing the SeeLevel system (just what I needed was another project and dropping the belly again).

Brian
        Your welcome, always glad to help create more work for everyone
        Jim & Heidi
        2021 Solitude 375RES-r
        2024 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW

Comment

JRKJR Yoda As Keith (yoda) would say "Thanks for spending my money for me!"
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Very nicely done. Also a similar setup to ours. Love the pics.

Do you already have the See Level Sensors? I guess I would have to see which ones, we didn't go with See Level...but went with the GX Tank 140 and Cerbo...nothing else needed.
            2020 Imagine 2400BH
            2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bellis View Post
              Very nicely done. Also a similar setup to ours. Love the pics.

Do you already have the See Level Sensors? I guess I would have to see which ones, we didn't go with See Level...but went with the GX Tank 140 and Cerbo...nothing else needed.
              No I don't. I don't have the GX Tank 140 either but do have the Cerbo. Did the factory sensors work with the GX Tank 140?
              Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

No I don't. I don't have the GX Tank 140 either but do have the Cerbo. Did the factory sensors work with the GX Tank 140?
                Different type of sensors...factory are resistive sensors; sensors I bought aftermarket are voltage based. That's the point of buying the GX Tank 140 (well after market sensors). I was hoping the factory sensors could be saved, but the reality is they are just garbage and if you truly want accurate readings need to abandon them for one of a few other possible solutions. See my post on sensors linked above for my journey there (I think I linked it on page 1 - not sure; if not, it's under my mods page I believe).
                2020 Imagine 2400BH
                2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bellis View Post

Different type of sensors...factory are resistive sensors; sensors I bought aftermarket are voltage based. That's the point of buying the GX Tank 140 (well after market sensors). I was hoping the factory sensors could be saved, but the reality is they are just garbage and if you truly want accurate readings need to abandon them for one of a few other possible solutions. See my post on sensors linked above for my journey there (I think I linked it on page 1 - not sure; if not, it's under my mods page I believe).
                  I checked out your mod this afternoon. I've been looking at Safiery ultrasonic sensors you attach to the bottom of your tanks, but am not sure how accurate they are (site says they are within 2-4% accurate). So I'm glad you went with them for my sake

If id do end up doing that mod, I will likely contact you with questions
                  Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

I checked out your mod this afternoon. I've been looking at Safiery ultrasonic sensors you attach to the bottom of your tanks, but am not sure how accurate they are (site says they are within 2-4% accurate). So I'm glad you went with them for my sake

If id do end up doing that mod, I will likely contact you with questions
                    Absolutely - feel free. We have been pretty happy with them. I do not have the propane ones working....but that in part is just be not having time to contact Safiery....and not wanting to sand the bottom of a propane tank....

They are pretty accurate and the 2-4% is far better than the 30+% swing of the factory....IF they work at all.
                    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

Working...
                    X