Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Power Distribution Panel

Hi All
    I'm removing the distribution panel shortly. Are there any little plastic clips etc to be aware of so I don't break them? Or just remove the screws and pull?
    Never had to take an RV panel out before so not sure how fragile they are.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    2021 303RLS
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Hi All
    I'm removing the distribution panel shortly. Are there any little plastic clips etc to be aware of so I don't break them? Or just remove the screws and pull?
    Never had to take an RV panel out before so not sure how fragile they are.
    If you're talking about the cover over the breakers and fuses, the screws are probably captive. I've found the small retainer often falls off and the screws fall out anyway, so just be aware. No plastic clips (that I can remember) on that panel.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

No plastic clips. Remove the door and frame and then there are screws at the corners of the panel, remove those and pull out. There should be plenty of excess wire but just watch to be sure.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks gentlemen.
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        2021 303RLS
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
          Thanks gentlemen.
          Yep just 4 screws once the front panel is off. BUT - pay attention as you pull out to remember how GD bent the wire bundle (the mess everyone talks about looking at it from the false wall side. You should be able to pull it fully clear so you can work on the back. While you have it out, look for the floor mounted ground bar (white bundle of wires behind lower right in photo) and make sure everything is tight.

Picture after replacing the power feed from the Multiplus - Black SOOW cable top left corner.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0644s.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	129695
          Here is a picture of mine pulled out before the SOOW cable install. Orange romex comes from shore power plug.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0544s.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	129694
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

If you haven't done so, be careful when you reinstall the whole system. Don't use the screws to work the panel to the wall because that plastic is pretty cheap and you'll end up breaking it where the metal clips are. Push in and then screw to the wall not letting the screws do the work. I know, I've got three that haven't made it but there's plenty left even with the busted ones.
            Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
            TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

Working...
            X