Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What am I missing? (Main Panel Breakers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I missing? (Main Panel Breakers)

Hey,

I just swapped out my WFCO 8735 converter with an 8735 AD so I can charge LifePo batteries on our 2021 Imagine Xls 22 RBE. The DC circuits work fine. I have 120v to the main breaker but nothing to any of the other 110v breakers. I've triple-checked my connections and made sure there aren't any loose ones.

The surge protector is all green lights and the little blue light on the inlet of the trailer is on ( I know that's all shore power stuff )

Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Thanks,

John
    Last edited by J & J Bumblebee; 03-08-2024, 07:40 PM.
    John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
    2017 Jayco 26BH
    2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

J & J Bumblebee

Main Breaker on? (Sorry...I know that's obvious...)

The only other thing I can think of is that the Main Breaker(s) are dislodged (not "seated"). I'd turn off 120vAC, then remove and reinstall the breaker.

Out of curiosity, how do you know that there's no voltage to the other breakers?

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howard,

Yes, the main breaker has power. I measured with my multimeter where the black power wire is attached, then to the ground bar, and then the neutral bar. I did the same to each breaker when they were 'on'. None of the appliances work. The television didn't come on, and neither did the microwave. The GFCI won't reset. I'll double-check it tomorrow for power. Also, the fan for the converter isn't running, and it's tied to the GFCI breaker.

Oh, the breakers only have a small plastic hook at the bottom. They don't set in the new one firmly like the original converter did, and they don't snap in like a house breaker does in this unit.
      John & Jurie

2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2017 Jayco 26BH

Comment

J & J Bumblebee

Sorry, it's late and my brain's not working.

Do ANY outlets work in trailer (plugging in any small 120vAC item)?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

J & J Bumblebee are you saying you replaced breakers with ones that do not fit correctly like the originals?
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
            J & J Bumblebee are you saying you replaced breakers with ones that do not fit correctly like the originals?
            No, these are the breakers that came out of the original.
            John & Jurie

2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2017 Jayco 26BH

Comment

I appreciate you staying awake and trying to help me solve this, Howard.

I'll do more testing tomorrow.
              John & Jurie

2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2017 Jayco 26BH

Comment

Originally posted by J & J Bumblebee View Post
                Hey,

I just swapped out my WFCO 8735 converter with an 8735 AD so I can charge LifePo batteries on our 2021 Imagine Xls 22 RBE. The DC circuits work fine. I have 120v to the main breaker but nothing to any of the other 110v breakers. I've triple-checked my connections and made sure there aren't any loose ones.

The surge protector is all green lights and the little blue light on the inlet of the trailer is on ( I know that's all shore power stuff )

Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Thanks,

John
                Are you saying you replaced the entire distribution panel with the new converter and moved everything over? Or did you just change out the converter.?

Just a guess, but check to make sure the 120V ground (bare copper) wire got re attached (goes to the trailer frame) and you did not reverse polarity on any feed wires wires, The reason I say this is GD changed wire colors at my distribution panel. Both red and black as positive. Can you post up some pictures as to how the panel is currently wired. Also double check that the panel accepts the same breaker type as the old. Somewhere will be a sticker indicating the breaker type.. If the ground and neutral wires are reverse or messed up is a possible explanation as to why the GFIC will not reset.
                Last edited by Yoda; 03-10-2024, 11:06 AM.
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

From what I understand, you moved breakers from your original distribution panel to the new one. Yes?
                  If that's the case, your main breaker is not seated correctly..... so no power to the panel bus bar.... so no power to trailer. My guess with the information provided.
                  The breakers may not be compatible with the new panel.
                  2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                  2021 303RLS
                  Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

I did a check of the Parts Listing (link on the menu bar above). John's Imagine came with a WFCO 8735P. From the OP it reads (now) like he swapped out the entire Power Center, not just the converter inside of the original Power Center. (The latter was my assumption last night.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	120
Size:	387.6 KB
ID:	130011

Manuals linked below.
                    https://www.bestconverter.com/assets...8745manual.pdf
                    https://forestriverinc.com/files/Com...r%20Manual.pdf
                    Attached Files

Howard & Francine

Comment

Is the problem solved?

If not and you are comfortable with AC power, start by checking that the breaker in the ON position is actually providing power to the connections on the opposite end from the screw lugs (yes breakers can go bad and usually do without warning), this will also confirm that you have a good negative and ground connection to those bus bars. After that, then fiture out which end goes in first, sounds like you breakers need to start on the screw lug end then press on to the main feed bus bar. While doing this, look at the gap as it closes to ensure the main feed bus bar is aligned and sticking into the breaker and that the feed bus bar is not bent (yes I have seen this before also). Once this is confirmed, then find an empty spot and verify that you have power to the feed bus bar.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. Ted got me thinking and I got this figured out before going to bed last night. Scott nailed it. The breakers from the old center are single breakers, whereas the new center takes Q1515NC - Siemens style. That's why the top of the breakers don't seat and make contact with the buss bar. So, it was either try and modify the new case swapping out the buss bar or get new breakers.

So, I've ordered new breakers, and hopefully, it will be back up and running by mid-week.

Once again, thank you.

John

Last edited by J & J Bumblebee; 03-09-2024, 10:10 AM.
                        John & Jurie

2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2017 Jayco 26BH

Comment

Let us know how it works out.
                          Ted
                          2021 Reflection 310RLS