• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Howson that makes since now.
    Jason & Misty
    2021 265BH Transcend Xplor
    2007 F-150 5.4L V8 towing package

Comment

I haven't read every thread, but I have the 265bh with the 12v fridge. It came with a small black clip that goes in where the door latches them the door clips into that. That keeps the door propped open and turns off the light. You still need to turn the fridge off as well.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

The junction box is for the 7-pin connector to your vehicle--you don't want to take that apart! The self-resetting breakers are where the 12v branches out to the rest of the trailer. Below is a diagram of my trailer--yours is going to be different. Note only the positive side of the wiring is shown, not the ground (or negative) battery side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12V Circuit OEM using Symbols v2 (Large).jpg
Views:	1134
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	34357

By all means give a mobile tech a call and get this done under your warranty if that's your preference. Why not, right?

But if you want to tackle this yourself, what I'm suggesting is physically tracing the wires that come out of the bottom of the slideout and find where it connects to a power source. The point of showing you the self-resetting breakers was to show the starting point for power (from the battery). Finding how power gets from the breakers to the refrigerator will probably involve getting up under the coroplast to find where the wire goes.

For all the time and hassle it might well be worth paying the service fee for the mobile tech and letting Grand Design pay for the rewiring. Did GD Customer Service tell you the refrigerator was supposed to be powered from a fuse on the Convenience Center or if there's another inline fuse?
        jnplant

I am late to this thread, but have a hunch. Can you take a picture of the power buss bar that is located on you trailer tung? From what your describing you fridge power is tied into this bus bar either at point #1 or point #2 (in Howards picture), or a separate self resetting breaker that is powered by the battery connection at point #1.

Also note the wire colors that are inside the umbilical to the slide. From what has been posited it looks like it will be a 10 awg. Most 12v wiring is 14 awg (based on my 20RK) so hopefully easy to spot. One of those wires in the umbilical powers the fridge and you should find the same colored wire at the tung power connection. GD is pretty good at maintaining the same wire color from power or switch to the device. Saved me a lot of searching at times.

Of course you can always try disconnecting one wire at a time from this junction too - connection #2.

Just trying to help.
        Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
        X