No announcement yet.

Transcend xplor 265BH wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a green 30 amp fuse under the front frame for my fridge. If I pull that it is dead.

Comment

Thanks for the info I will look for one and keep everyone posted.
      Jason & Misty
      2021 265BH Transcend Xplor
      2007 F-150 5.4L V8 towing package

Comment

Well I’m sad to say the green fuse holder on the frame up front by the batteries does not do anything to the fridge. I pulled it yesterday an the fridge is still on.
        Jason & Misty

Comment

Originally posted by jnplant View Post
          Well I’m sad to say the green fuse holder on the frame up front by the batteries does not do anything to the fridge. I pulled it yesterday an the fridge is still on.
          Looking at a YouTube video it appears that the outside vent is installed (even though it's a compressor refrigerator). If that cover comes off easily (two small cams if like the cover on my trailer) can you take some pictures of what it looks like inside, under that cover, and post them?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Youtube.JPG
Views:	790
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	34284
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

My unit does not have an outside vent.
            Jason & Misty

Comment

My unit does not have an outside vent.
              Well, darn.

The refrigerator is in the slide-out, right? Does the wiring come out underneath the floor? (If so you should be able to see it with the slide out, looking up at the outside of the slide's floor.)

If you can see the wiring it should then route under the coroplast. From there is must go forward toward's the self-resetting circuit breaker(s).

This is a rough drawing of how I think your trailer is wired. Read through this thread again and noted you pulled every fuse from the Convenience Center.

Only other suggestion I can make is to ask GD Customer Service how the refrigerator is supposed to be wired before getting it fixed by a dealership or mobile tech.

Name:	265BH wiring.JPG
Views:	1209
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	34306

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Yes the fridge is located in the slide and you can see the wiring coming out of the bottom of the slide. I looked up front and there is a self resetting breaker right next to a junction box. I have not taken the box apart yet to see what all is inside. I called GD and they told me that is should shut off when you turn the battery disconnect off, they are the ones that suggested calling a mobile tech. Since the wires are coming out of the slide could I isolate the fridge wire that runs to the breaker somehow?
                Jason & Misty

Comment

Yes the fridge is located in the slide and you can see the wiring coming out of the bottom of the slide. I looked up front and there is a self resetting breaker right next to a junction box. I have not taken the box apart yet to see what all is inside. I called GD and they told me that is should shut off when you turn the battery disconnect off, they are the ones that suggested calling a mobile tech. Since the wires are coming out of the slide could I isolate the fridge wire that runs to the breaker somehow?
                  The junction box is for the 7-pin connector to your vehicle--you don't want to take that apart! The self-resetting breakers are where the 12v branches out to the rest of the trailer. Below is a diagram of my trailer--yours is going to be different. Note only the positive side of the wiring is shown, not the ground (or negative) battery side.

Name:	12V Circuit OEM using Symbols v2 (Large).jpg
Views:	1158
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	34357

By all means give a mobile tech a call and get this done under your warranty if that's your preference. Why not, right?

But if you want to tackle this yourself, what I'm suggesting is physically tracing the wires that come out of the bottom of the slideout and find where it connects to a power source. The point of showing you the self-resetting breakers was to show the starting point for power (from the battery). Finding how power gets from the breakers to the refrigerator will probably involve getting up under the coroplast to find where the wire goes.

For all the time and hassle it might well be worth paying the service fee for the mobile tech and letting Grand Design pay for the rewiring. Did GD Customer Service tell you the refrigerator was supposed to be powered from a fuse on the Convenience Center or if there's another inline fuse?

Howard & Francine

Comment

They told it should go thru the convenience center an was confused when I told them that pulling all the fuses didn’t do anything to the fridge. I thought there may be a easy fix to hold me over until I could get a mobile or dealership to fix it or at least look at it.
                    Jason & Misty

Comment

They told it should go thru the convenience center an was confused when I told them that pulling all the fuses didn’t do anything to the fridge. I thought there may be a easy fix to hold me over until I could get a mobile or dealership to fix it or at least look at it.
                      It won't be hard, but it will be time consuming. I'm sending you a private message in a moment.

Howard

Howard & Francine

Comment

Thanks for the info. I called GD and they were no help. No wiring diagram.
                        The reason I'm looking for a wiring diagram is that the new 12v refrigerator they installed cant be turned off all the way. The compressor can be turned off but the interior light is always on. Even when I turn the battery disconnect switch to off it still on. Any one have any suggestions on how to fix problem.
                        I think you have a Furrion Arctic refrigerator--is that correct?

https://furrion.com/products/furrion...v-refrigerator
                        https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/69307

In the owner's manual for the Arctic (available on the Furrion page linked above) on page 10 is this:

The appliance has a low-voltage shut-off function, intended to protect your RV battery's from excessive drain.
                        NOTE: This function controls compressor operation only, a small electric current is still used for the LED cavity light and low-voltage monitoring system. Once voltage is increased, the system will automatically begin normal operation.

Your refrigerator is wired directly to the mini breaker in the front A-frame before the disconnect. The disconnect will not affect refrigerator operation. (I now know this as a fact--not speculation.)

Bottom line: there's nothing "wrong" with your trailer--it is working exactly as designed and wired by the OEM.

if you want the light off, you'll have to pull out the LED (page 13 of the manual shows you how) or disconnect the negative cable of the battery. The latter is a good idea for long-term storage (and is recommended in the Transcend Owner's manual).

Since you want to keep your solar connected and charging the battery, removing the LED seems like the best (easiest) option.
                        Last edited by howson; 11-11-2020, 11:36 AM.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

What make and model refrigerator do you have?

Just to clarify (though I think you've already answered my question), the refrigerator can be turned off (not cooling) but the interior light still works?

I know that last question seems redundant but I do need the clarification. And I need the make/model, please!
                          Howard - As far as I know, Furrion only makes one model of "Arctic" 12V refrigerator. When I check, it comes up with model "FCR10DCDTA-BR-SV" Here is a link to the owner's manual:

https://cdn.accentuate.io/2164270432...3398567291.pdf

Jim
                          Last edited by howson; 11-11-2020, 11:51 AM.
                          Jim and Ginnie
                          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                            Howard - As far as I know, Furrion only makes one model of "Arctic" 12V refrigerator. When I check, it comes up with model "FCR10DCDTA-BR-SV"
                            Thanks, Jim. I had figured that out and edited the post you quoted.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Name:	RV fridge.PNG
Views:	1072
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	34643

Is this the wiring diagram your talking about? It seems that the wiring should go through the battery disconnect after the mini breaker.
                              An the mini breaker they are talking about the same thing as the self resetting breaker?
                              Jason & Misty

Comment

Is this the wiring diagram your talking about? It seems that the wiring should go through the battery disconnect after the mini breaker.
                                An the mini breaker they are talking about the same thing as the self resetting breaker?
                                You didn't quote who you're replying to...not sure what post you're referencing in your question. (Please quote when replying.)

Yes, a "mini breaker" is the same thing as a "self-resetting breaker" in this context.

Below is a rough sketch, using the diagram you provided, of how your trailer is probably wired. According to Grand Design this is purposeful, as they wanted the owner to have the ability to turn off the disconnect but still power the refrigerator. Whether that's a good or bad setup is open for debate.

Name:	12v Refrigerator Wiring.jpg
Views:	966
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	34660

You might want to go back and look at post #23 to see how my trailer is wired. If I had the 12v refrigerator and it was wired from GD, the power line would come off of circuit breaker #2 (the one powering the tongue jack and PSX1 stabilizers).

Howard

Howard & Francine

Comment

Working...
                                X