How to turn off built-in DC Convertor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
    I would personally go with a deck mounted converter rather than replacing the one in the power center. That would allow you to locate it closer to the batteries for more efficient charging. Also you can run larger wires to the battery, and they would be shorter so less expensive.
    This is what I did and what I would recommend. I disconnected the factory charger and left it there.
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

I called WFCO and they said removing the 30A fuse from F6 will disconnect the battery from the converter charger, but leave the 120 volt to 12 volt for your appliance, etc., running.

Comment

jtherrick2 Welome to the family and the forum!!
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

jtherrick2 - If you don't mind me asking, which control center do you have?
          I'm planning to add a stand along charger for my lithium-ion batteries and want to disable the WFCO charger.
          TIA
          2018 GD Imagine 2500RL
          Hensley hitch
          2020 Ram Ecodiesel

Comment

Originally posted by EDR View Post
            jtherrick2 - If you don't mind me asking, which control center do you have?
            I'm planning to add a stand along charger for my lithium-ion batteries and want to disable the WFCO charger.
            TIA
            Welcome to the forum! When you have a chance fill out your signature line with what kind of rig you have, it'll help us help you. Particularly is we know what trailer you have we can answer your question about disconnecting your converter. There's probably a dedicated breaker for it you just need to turn off but it does vary.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks. I have a 2018 Imagine 2500RL. It has the WF-8955PEC power converter.
              I’ve tried figuring out how to add my information, but can’t seem to locate where to add it to the signature line. If someone could point me to the right section and field to fill out I’ll gladly add it. Thanks!
              2018 GD Imagine 2500RL
              Hensley hitch
              2020 Ram Ecodiesel

Comment

Here is a link to the how to Add a signature to your posts - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by EDR View Post
                  Thanks. I have a 2018 Imagine 2500RL. It has the WF-8955PEC power converter.
                  I’ve tried figuring out how to add my information, but can’t seem to locate where to add it to the signature line. If someone could point me to the right section and field to fill out I’ll gladly add it. Thanks!
                  Hi EDR--the Welcome Letter has the link Brian referenced and more to orient you to the forum. Hope it helps: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                  2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                    Howard has done the homework and identified a lithium dedicated converter. If it were me, I'd replace the converter and be done with it. That's actually what I did in my rig.

Jim
                    X2 on replacement of the converter or a dedicated lithium switchable power panel (if simplicity is desired and wiring supports it). Otherwise the converter input wire can be disconnected and a stand alone unit can be used. It appears they may have hard wired the OEM converter to the 30 amp breaker output for cost cutting? I have a breaker in my 2600RB that directly shuts down the converter where this is a major inconvenience for the OP.

https://wfcoelectronics.com/lithium-solutions/

Jim

Comment

Working...
                    X