Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powering all outlets from Inverter?

Hi,
    FIrst post. Hope you smart people can help.
    I have a 2022 Mo 376ths.
    SETUP
    Dealer installed, 2.2kw GoPower solar, IC3000w GP inverter, 1,000ah GP Lithium. LG residential fridge, dishwasher, washer dryer combo. We're fulltime....
    PROBLEM
    When on shore power all works fine.
    When on the Inverter half my outlets incl the fridge don't work.
    On my previous unit, same setup, they had it such that all outlets had power.
    REQUEST
    What is the quickest easiest way to get AC (Inverter power) to all my outlets. So I guess to both sides of the breaker box?
    thanks in advance...
    2022 GD Momentum 376THS
    2020 Ford F350 Dually

Then quickest, easiest way is to rig a NEMA 14-50R outlet fed by your inverter and plug the RV power cord into it when you want to use inverter power. You could add a second power inlet port for the RV in the basement or elsewhere inside so the cord wouldn’t have to be outside for use, but that would require some safety precautions.

Most anything else will require a transfer switch or an inverter that can handle the transfer function. This is because feeding both legs from a single inverter effectively shorts the two hot legs of the power system together, and bad things will happen if you plug in to shore power while that connection is in place.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

You could use one of these: https://amsolar.com/rv-inverter-accessories/50-tsfmb1 If they ever get them out again. The last update was from July and I haven't seen anything since. With some new Inverters doing this internally they may decide not to keep producing them.
      Jim & Heidi
      2021 Solitude 375RES-r
      2024 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW

Comment

My IC3000w GoPower in a Inverter Charger with a built in transfer switch.
        2022 GD Momentum 376THS
        2020 Ford F350 Dually

Comment

Originally posted by gone AWOL View Post
          Then I would guess that something is either installed wrong or a setting is wrong in the inverter. With it working fine in pass through mode, I would guess its a setting but I know nothing about the go power units. I have the Victron version of that and install was pretty straight forward. It does have a line 2 out that only works as a pass through (no inverter) but that requires a sub panel. I don't know if/how that could be hooked up in a single panel system.
          Jim & Heidi
          2021 Solitude 375RES-r

Comment

I found this thread from a couple of years ago. Sound's a lot like your issue but who knows how accurate the information really is. Take it FWIW.

https://www.granddesignnation.com/t/...s-horrible/428
            Jim & Heidi
            2021 Solitude 375RES-r

Comment

gone AWOL If its dealer installed I would contact them to see if thats normal behavior for their install or if something is wrong. There are dozens of ways the systems can be installed, its possible to configure it the way you want (to have all the circuits live) but either you would need to ask them to do it, or tear into their install and see what needs to be changed. It could be as simple as not having both phases connected, or as complicated as needing an external transfer switch or a different inverter.

Like Jim above I have a Victron inverter, but mine only inverts one phase, so I need to manage what loads are on which side of the breaker panel. Without knowing what your dealer installed I would think your issue is something similar.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Hi,
                I have a 2022 Mo 376ths.
                SETUP
                Dealer installed, 2.2kw GoPower solar, IC3000w GP inverter, 1,000ah GP Lithium. LG residential fridge, dishwasher, washer dryer combo. We're fulltime....
                PROBLEM
                REQUEST
                What is the quickest easiest way to get AC (Inverter power) to all my outlets. So I guess to both sides of the breaker box?
                thanks in advance...
                Just to confirm...1,000aH of batteries? (WOW!) That's the equivalent of 10 standard Battle Born batteries.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi,
                  I have a 2022 Mo 376ths.
                  SETUP
                  PROBLEM
                  REQUEST
                  thanks in advance...
                  You dealer did not wire it correctly. You inverter is capable of 2-legs at 50a each https://gpelectric.com/products/ic-s...erter-charger/, Can you get some pictures of how they wired it, showing the actual connections at the inverter and distribution box? One leg should be wired to each side of the breaker box, just like the 50 amp service was.

Trying to help
                  Keith
                  2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Just to confirm...1,000aH of batteries? (WOW!) That's the equivalent of 10 standard Battle Born batteries.
                    Yep, I have four 250ah GoPower lithium batteries.....
                    2022 GD Momentum 376THS
                    2020 Ford F350 Dually

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

You dealer did not wire it correctly. You inverter is capable of 2-legs at 50a each https://gpelectric.com/products/ic-s...erter-charger/, Can you get some pictures of how they wired it, showing the actual connections at the inverter and distribution box? One leg should be wired to each side of the breaker box, just like the 50 amp service was.

Trying to help
                      Keith
                      Yes, i checked that, the lines in and out are correct on the inverter per the manual.

One thing of note is that the inverter has dip switches, and i have no info on that setting neither could I find something.

I'm staying at a camping world tonight and I have an appointment for tomorrow morning.
                      My dealer back home said "take it to a dealer and we will reimburse you".....
                      2022 GD Momentum 376THS
                      2020 Ford F350 Dually

Comment

Originally posted by JRKJR View Post

I found this thread from a couple of years ago. Sound's a lot like your issue but who knows how accurate the information really is. Take it FWIW.

https://www.granddesignnation.com/t/...s-horrible/428
                        Funny though, this inverter plus all my solar etc was all moved over from my Highlander 383h. In that unit everything worked like clock work, for two years.

I just think the dealership messed up.
                        Hopefully tomorrow these guys can fix it all.....

Thanks to you all for chiming in, appreciate the help.
                        Last edited by Country Campers; 11-23-2021, 06:41 AM. Reason: Rule #3
                        2022 GD Momentum 376THS
                        2020 Ford F350 Dually

Comment

Check that you don't have the neutral crossed with one of the hots leading to the panel. I inadvertently did this when moving my Magnum into our new 374TH and had the exact same issue you have.
                          -
                          Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya
                          2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
                          2023 GMC Denali Duramax 4x4 DRW LB CC, Curt Q25
                          Follow us at https://rctravels.rmcd.ca/

Comment

Update 1:
                            Dealer found the Surge Protector was not working so getting a new one installed, (secondary issue)
                            Dealer found my IC3000 was only powering one leg, not both. GoPower replacing (a second time in 2 years) under warranty. New Xantrex 3000 going in as we speak.....(I'll try and sell the new replacement IC3000....)

Jury is still out on whether I will have AC to both sides of my breaker box....
                            2022 GD Momentum 376THS
                            2020 Ford F350 Dually

Comment

Update 2:
                              New Surge guard installed
                              New Xantrex Freedom SW 3000
                              Some rewiring as my factory genset was not charging the batteries, as well my solar was bypassing the shunt, strange!

Very friendly folks at RV Country Coburg Oregon...!
                              It all works. I have power everywhere while on inverter.

Conclusion:
                              Some people get it, and some don't.
                              2022 GD Momentum 376THS
                              2020 Ford F350 Dually

Comment

Working...
                              X