Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lynx System Installation -- Can You Spot the Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynx System Installation -- Can You Spot the Issue?

Let me start by stating I'm not an expert on Victron Lynx setups, but I did read the manual. <gasp>

Does anyone see an issue here other than me?

Click image for larger version  Name:	wrong with this picture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	216.1 KB ID:	77452

I'll give a hint: this is what the owner is seeing for battery % on his display:

Click image for larger version  Name:	percentage.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.3 KB ID:	77453

If you give up (and no one else has figured it out) scroll down this post to find another hint. (Don't default to looking at that hint at the bottom!!! See if you can figure it out.)

Howard

P.S. I seriously hope I missed something...after a long day and an adult beverage it is very, very possible...

Download the Lynx Shunt manual from the Victron website (the file is Lynx_Shunt_VE_Can_Manual-en.pdf ) and read section 5. System Design with special attention to paragraph 5.1.2 and the sample system on page 10.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Whoops! This is one of those situations where you should RTM. Just flip your phone 180 degrees, and turn off auto rotation
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      Does anyone see an issue here other than me?
      Lots of red lights on the distributor (blown fuses?) and some connections with no lights and has the owner ever set up the shunt and SOC on his system? Also what is the small rectangular cube center below the shunt. never seen that. Last with the smart distributor there should be a communication cable if I remember correctly - don't see it in the picture. And no I have not read the fine print yet Also if I remember correctly there is a set up for the distributor to get it to communicate - was that followed?

Back to my corner
      Keith
      Last edited by howson; 02-22-2022, 07:11 AM.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Batteries connected on wrong side.

Disclaimer. I have absolutely no experience with victron kit. Don't own any of it.
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        2021 303RLS
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post
          Whoops! This is one of those situations where you should RTM. Just flip your phone 180 degrees, and turn off auto rotation
          Whoops is right!

Edit: And yep, you're right Scott'n'Wendy !

Click image for larger version  Name:	whoops.JPG Views:	0 Size:	143.9 KB ID:	77471
          Yoda -- I overlooked the red lights on the distributor. Those blown fuses could be an issue too, eh? This setup has issues...
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X