Safety recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety recall

Not sure if this is where this should be posted but just got this in the mail today and made an appointment for the 15th. I would rather not take it to the dealer but being a Safety Recall the paper trail is important.
    Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	CF5645E7-37E9-4913-A181-8E24D175A052.jpeg
Views:	1096
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	78066 ​​​​​​​
    Jim and Cindy
    2021 F350 DRW 7.3L
    2021 320G

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ng-caused-fire

Got my letter today.

Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Although this may be an "easy" fix by an owner it is a safety issue that needs to be documented, as mentioned above. It is best to have this taken care of by your dealer.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I was the host for the Quartzsite Arizona rally this past weekend. We had three GDRV mobile technicians at the rally and they focused on completing recall work, including this latest version. It is not an "easy" fix to inspect the wiring and implement the fix if needed. If recall work is needed, the refrigerator must be removed. When the work is complete, a propane leak down test is required. GDRV will not sign off on the recall unless it is done by an authorized dealer or technician.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Hi Jim,

Hope all is well!

We are currently staying about 30 miles from Quartzsite. Would any of the certified techs be in this area, or did they come in from the factory?

We were thinking, perhaps, one would be a traveling tech and we could make an appointment for our Reflection, as it's on the list. We haven't received our letter yet, but the vin matches up.

Or Plan B would be to see if GD would do the fix when we are in for our cabinet fix in June.

As always, thanks for your guidance,

Val, Sheri and Taz our Desert Treasure Cattle Dog mix
          2015 Ram Dually
          2021 Reflection 303RLS

Val, Sheri, and our Desert Treasure Cattle Dog Mix TAZ
          2015 Ram 3500 Dually
          2021 Reflection 303RLS
          https://gdrvowners.com/core/images/s...tumbleweed.gifArizona.

Comment

Originally posted by Valandsheri View Post
            Hi Jim,

Hope all is well!

We are currently staying about 30 miles from Quartzsite. Would any of the certified techs be in this area, or did they come in from the factory?

We were thinking, perhaps, one would be a traveling tech and we could make an appointment for our Reflection, as it's on the list. We haven't received our letter yet, but the vin matches up.

Or Plan B would be to see if GD would do the fix when we are in for our cabinet fix in June.

As always, thanks for your guidance,

Val, Sheri and Taz our Desert Treasure Cattle Dog mix
            2015 Ram Dually
            2021 Reflection 303RLS
            Hi there. The techs left the rally site on Tuesday, so they are long gone. If it were me, I'd have GD take care of it when you take it to the factory.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you!!!
              Val, Sheri, and our Desert Treasure Cattle Dog Mix TAZ
              2015 Ram 3500 Dually
              2021 Reflection 303RLS
              https://gdrvowners.com/core/images/s...tumbleweed.gifArizona.

Comment

I called my dealer yesterday to set up an appointment for this recall. He said that, currently, they are scheduling May. I hooked an appointment on May 5. Glad I didn’t wait any longer to schedule this, or it might have been right in the middle of camping season, and we have several week-long trips planned for the summer…
                Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
                Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
                2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
                Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
                Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Well I've call my dealer 2x leaving messages to try and setup an appointment. Both times the service writer did not call me back. Guess it's time to ask for the service manager.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                    Although this may be an "easy" fix by an owner it is a safety issue that needs to be documented, as mentioned above. It is best to have this taken care of by your dealer.

Brian
                    We were fortunate to get an appointment with a dealer for Recall 22V-038, which affects our 2021 Momentum 320G. Got the rig back Friday with the following documentation on the paperwork - “Inspection done by Jerry no fault found.” According to the service advisor, they’ve had several GD rigs in for this recall and none have been found to have issues with the wiring. Dealer also provided a “Claim Preparation & Repair Instructions” document per the attached photo. They also provided me with a 4-page document with step-by-step instructions on the inspection and repairs if necessary.
                    Chuck & Vicki
                    2021 Momentum 320G w/ 8,000 lb axles & disc brakes
                    VIN: 573FM3822M1119697
                    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 w/ Cummins 6.7L turbo diesel, 4 x 4, SRW, short bed, air suspension, Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                      Well I've call my dealer 2x leaving messages to try and setup an appointment. Both times the service writer did not call me back. Guess it's time to ask for the service manager.
                      I called our local GD dealer in Thunder Bay, Ontario..Smith's RV.. and when they determined I did not buy from them they said they are booking into the fall...ie September. So I said I'll go somewhere else and she said.."oh, good".
                      I know someone that works there and they have lots of service time available before that. Like in April...But I feel good knowing a better dealership will be getting paid for the work.
                      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                      2021 303RLS
                      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Well, dealer did get back to me before I played the manager card. Waiter appointment is scheduled for April 17th. Since it's between 1.5 and 2 hrs each way, i'd rather stay for something so simple.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

I called our local GD dealer in Thunder Bay, Ontario..Smith's RV.. and when they determined I did not buy from them they said they are booking into the fall...ie September. So I said I'll go somewhere else and she said.."oh, good".
                          I know someone that works there and they have lots of service time available before that. Like in April...But I feel good knowing a better dealership will be getting paid for the work.
                          Hi Scott,

This is a fact of the RV industry that most owners do not understand. While you can get warranty repairs on your truck done at any dealership with the same sign out front . . . a towable RV dealer is only obligated to repair trailers that they have sold. It is common practice for RV Service departments to put trailers that their dealership did not sell, to the "back of the line".

I would suggest that you contact Grand Design Customer Service and explain the Smith's RV position on resolving this recall in a timely manner. Ask that they authorize you to have this done by an independent RV Service provider. If you can find such a Service Provider ahead of this discussion with Grand Design, this will expedite the process.

Rob
                          Cate & Rob
                          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                          2015 Reflection 303RLS
                          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks Rob
                            I have been in contact with GD and they said to get a different, reputable RV service dept to get a hold of GD they will supply the needed info to them to properly do the repair. I have no issues with GD customer service. Talking to GD has always been great. What surprised me was the local dealer. When we bought our 303, we talked price with the local dealer. Then I said I will be checking prices at a couple out of town dealers just to make sure the pricing is fair. They said no problem. Well, the guy just outside Winnipeg was $5000 cheaper. I told the local place that I'm ready to buy, can they get closer to the Winnipeg price. They said they 'might' shave off five hundred dollars if I come chat with the manager. I said no thank you, I prefer to buy local, but not pay $4500 for the privilege. The sales lady then said she's sorry we couldn't come to an agreement, but remember they have a fully staffed service department and they would be happy to do any service I may require. I was impressed at the time. Made their current brush off a little surprising to me. Guess I should have expected it.
                            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                            2021 303RLS
                            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Working...
                            X