Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save 15% with this coupon code:

HINTONTHETRAIL15
    2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

If your RV didn't come with an RV Airflow, consider getting one (when they're on sale). The accessory is worth the $$ IMHO. Installation is not too difficult as long as the DIY'er can work for a short time reaching up into the ceiling.

Howard
      Howard am I allowed to disagree

On my short 1 AC 5th wheel I use the dump to quickly cool down the unit, then close the dump vanes to maintain cooling. I did a bit of foil taping too to cut off any bypass routes.
      Now this just could be how my unit is constructed (not sure if I have the racetrack ducting,) but if I just used the ceiling outlets (dump closed) if takes a long time to cool down.

Ill go hide in my corner now
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
        Howard am I allowed to disagree
        Of course, Keith. Multiple perspectives (opinions) are always welcome. When I post something that's factually wrong I expect to be steered in the right direction.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

IMO it depends on the duct "racetrack" configuration. In my 315RLTS, the racetrack does not extend beyond the front a/c unit. When I tried an Airflow in both the living room and bedroom a/c units, it I think what happened was there was too much backpressure on the bedroom unit causing it to overtemp.

The obvious question: what's the configuration in your 296RDTS? See below.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	32.9 KB ID:	127335

Your rig's configuration is the same as my 315RLTS'. I don't recommend the Airflow unit in the bedroom A/C based on my (single) experience. Highly recommended for the living room unit (if there's not one there already).

For those with "racetracks" that extend beyond both a/c units, the Airflow accessory may work well if installed in multiple a/c units. I don't have personal experience with that setup, though, so just informed speculation. For example, below is the configuration for a Solitude 310GK ( TucsonJim 's camper). Note how the ducts extend beyond where the a/c units tie into the system.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	17.6 KB ID:	127336
          Howard
          Hi Howard,

Good information to have. I am looking at putting the RV Airflow or the other product (can't recall the name either right now) into my front and back ACs on my 2022 378MBS and would like to confirm ducting with my 3 ACs. I don't want to run into the problem you did once I have bought them. If you have the information please let me know so I don't waste my money on something that is not going to help.

Thanks,
          Rob
          Rob & Barb
          2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
          2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Originally posted by Calbar View Post

Hi Howard,

Good information to have. I am looking at putting the RV Airflow or the other product (can't recall the name either right now) into my front and back ACs on my 2022 378MBS and would like to confirm ducting with my 3 ACs. I don't want to run into the problem you did once I have bought them. If you have the information please let me know so I don't waste my money on something that is not going to help.

Thanks,
            Rob
            Hi Rob I checked the plan and your system is like Howards second image. You have a full loop on either side of your AC Units.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Calbar I believe Howard or someone else tried the second RVAirflow and found it to be detrimental to the function of the other AC units. Try searching or asking Howard.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Howard replied up thread. He recommends against it when the race track does not loop all the way around.

Neil Citro
                2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by reubenray View Post

Would this go into both of the A/C units or just the main living room one? Being I have not traveled yet in my new Reflection I don't know how good the A/C works.
                  I looked at my paperwork and both of my A/C units are Colemans. There was also a sheet in there for the RV Airflow and it says it is installed in the main A/C unit.
                  Raymond and Dee Dee
                  2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
                  2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

Hi Rob I checked the plan and your system is like Howards second image. You have a full loop on either side of your AC Units.
                    Thanks Neil,

I appreciate the help and info.

Rob
                    Rob & Barb
                    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                      Calbar I believe Howard or someone else tried the second RVAirflow and found it to be detrimental to the function of the other AC units. Try searching or asking Howard.
                      Thanks for the input Joseph. I believe that only happens when there isn't a full loop which might explain why I have seem some youtube videos where the person puts a second one into the bedroom AC unit and doesn't see much improvement. Just my thoughts based on Howard's experience with his 315.

Rob
                      Rob & Barb
                      2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Working...
                      X