No Furnace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Furnace?

Hello all, just joined the Group after purchasing a beautifully maintained 2015 Reflection, our first 5th wheel. Picked up the rig on Saturday and stayed in a park over one night halfway to her new home. As I study the manuals, and the RV itself, I have a question. Is it possible that this model could not have a furnace? I see roof vents for the air-co and floor vents for a furnace - but I don't seen any venting outside the rig for a furnace, and no instructions for its operation. Is that possible? It never occurred to me to ask the former owner if there was a furnace! Thanks!

Hi Rick,

Welcome to our Grand Design Owners technical forum. There are several on here with the early vintage models like yours . . . including me! Please fill out your signature block with details on the model you have . . . this will help other owners to answer your questions correctly.

You absolutely do (or did) have a furnace. The "complication" is that in 2015, Grand Design used a furnace design that did not have an exterior access panel . . . only an opening for the exhaust. This will be located on the street (left/driver) side between the pass through storage door and the water heater. If original, the furnace will be an Atwood brand . . . same as every other appliance in the RV.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

RickMinton -- Cate&Rob is about to become your best new friend. Especially if your vintage GD has a "Kantleak" water control panel.

If you need help figuring things out that apply to how this forum works, check out the Welcome Letter to New Members here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson how very intuitive of you...lol Rick has a 303RLS....
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Rick,

I'm another of the very early vintage GDRV Reflection rigs. I had a 2014 Reflection 337 from February of 2014. Your unit is probably equipped with an Atwood Air Command thermostat. To set it for heat, set the fan to "Auto", set the mode to "Heat", and adjust the temperature to the desired level.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Atwood.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	99037
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
          X