Low Water Flow on Pump & City Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Water Flow on Pump & City Connection

I have a new-to-me 2022 28BH and I am experiencing low water GPM flows at all outlets. I discovered this at the kitchen faucet flowing <1 GPM on pump and decided to measure on outdoor faucet hose on Nautilus panel. My first thought was a weak water pump. I removed it, tested on my bench and it flowed 3GPM, as designed. Re-installed and left outlet side open to a long pigtail and measured flow - was about 2.5GPM, drawing from tank. Hooked back to Nautilus panel, flow went right back down to 1GPM or less. I have an "whole house" filter housing and I removed filter element to be sure it wasn't plugged. I called GD tech line and long story short, they sent me a replacement Nautilus panel, citing bad valves on original. I installed this today and the flow MIGHT be slightly better, but still at 1.25 GPM at best. This is occurring on pump AND city water connections! I am at the end of my rope here and I don't know what to try next...
    2022 Reflection 28BH
    2020 Chevy 3500 SRW Duramax

Welcome to the forum! I'm unclear afar the flow was through the outdoor shower connection on the nautilus but if you're mainly seeing it in the inside fixtures I'd pull the screens on the faucets. It's not uncommon for those to get clogged up.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

mattd1089 -- there may be what I call "restrictors" in the faucets. Full story documented here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...y-2019-315rlts

Your trailer may have different assemblies, but most likely has these "water savers" / "restrictors", too.

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I would want to note here that pump rated flow and pump rated pressure do not occur simultaneously. As an example here is a Seaflo performance graph of flow and pressure.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230420_124950_Chrome.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	110733
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Head to a big box store (Lowe’s/Home Depot) with your other half and let her pick out a new kitchen faucet. The water flow on the $79 Rv kitchen faucet that comes with most of the GD trailers clog up easily and are very difficult to disassemble and put back together. If you buy a residential faucet, most come with a little plastic wrench for removing the aerator/flow restrict or if not- you can buy a set for $10 or so. Replaced the kitchen and bath faucets early on and have had a happy wife ever since. Had problems finding male 1/2” compression to male 3/8” compression brass fittings at Lowes/Home Depot, but found the 2 needed for the installation after visiting a couple of stores.
          Eddie & Kathy
          2021 Imagine 2970RL
          2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L
          Houston, TX

Comment

As I have often recommended . . . install a “system” water pressure gauge. This can be T’d into any cold water line or even temporarily attached to the cold low point drain. This gauge will tell you what is going on. If system pressure is good but faucet flow is low . . . it is the faucet. If pressure drops dramatically when the faucet is opened, the restriction is upstream. Lots of other scenarios that this gauge can identify. The best $15 you will ever spend on understanding your water system.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. Would someone be willing to grab a measuring cup from their kitchen cabinet and measure your GPM flow from the blue coiled hose hooked to your Nautilus panel faucet? It would be handy to start there to come apples/apples. This problem is strange to me because it's nearly the same on city and pump connections.
              2022 Reflection 28BH
              2020 Chevy 3500 SRW Duramax

Comment

Working...
              X