No announcement yet.

Oxygenics Shower Head - which one??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxygenics Shower Head - which one??????

https://oxygenics.com/

After searching for a new shower head here it appears everyone like the oxygenics, Some have mentioned the Fury RV, others the Body Spa RV. But there is the Powerflow RV and Voyage RV and others too.

Thoughts and opinions are always welcome on which is better (water conservation is important), especially from those that are using the brand. BTW the web site is nice and you can fiter to RV (bar on left edge) or type RV into the search bar.

I hate the stock one as it dribbles a lot and lousy spray- yes I know that is normal for the dribble to keep temperature constant

Thanks

Keith

2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

This is the one I put in the camper: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

I also have the Oxygenics Fury RV and it's been great but the hose that came with it went straight into the garbage. It's just a stiff plastic tube with stickers to make it look like it's a flexible stainless hose. Not sure what they were thinking putting that garbage in the package.

Do not get rid of your existing hose. lol
      2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
      2023 F-350 SRW 7.3 Crew Cab

Comment

We use the simple one since we don't spend much time under it. Most of our camping is only electric and water hookups so we have to be mindful of tank capacity. https://www.amazon.com/Oxygenics-267...15878359&psc=1
        Bill & Cindy
        2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
        2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
        SE Texas

Comment

We use and love this one https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oxygenics-P...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
          2018 337RLS
          720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
          disc brakes, ems

Comment

I agree, luckily the exiting head and Oxygenics head have the same threads at the head and could use the existing hose which is much more robust (and noisy) than the replacement.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
              https://oxygenics.com/

After searching for a new shower head here it appears everyone like the oxygenics, Some have mentioned the Fury RV, others the Body Spa RV. But there is the Powerflow RV and Voyage RV and others too.

Thoughts and opinions are always welcome on which is better (water conservation is important), especially from those that are using the brand. BTW the web site is nice and you can fiter to RV (bar on left edge) or type RV into the search bar.

I hate the stock one as it dribbles a lot and lousy spray- yes I know that is normal for the dribble to keep temperature constant

Thanks

We love our Fury.
              Mike and (RIP Karen)
              2021 2600RB
              2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

We put a Kes shutoff between the shower head and hose. Completely shuts off water.
                2018 337RLS
                720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
                disc brakes, ems

Comment

Jims94vmx I agree with the full shutoff. The dribble does not keep the temperature constant.
                  Ted
                  2021 Reflection 310RLS
                  2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

We went with this one years ago, like so much we have moved it with us to our 3rd camper and after 7 years it still works great.
                    https://oxygenics.com/products/bodyspa-rv/
                    Scott & Mikaela
                    2022 375 RES
                    2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
                      Jims94vmx I agree with the full shutoff. The dribble does not keep the temperature constant.
                      The dribble on my Fury does keep the water temperature constant. Maybe because my water heater is very close to my shower?
                      Mike and (RIP Karen)
                      2021 2600RB
                      2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

It would be all in how everything is plumbed. In particular, having or not having a check valve on the outlet of the water heater. The check valve requires probably 5psi to open. The dribble flow is about 0.05gpm. This would not take more than a couple psi drop from water inlet to dribble valve. Not enough to even open the check valve, so all cold water flow with no hot water flow.

Without the check valve the hot and cold water flow in the dribble may stay nearly as set for a shower. This would be like with water heater H-plumbing with bypass valving instead of control panel valving with a water heater bypass setting for winterizing.

Water follows the path of least resistance.
                        Ted
                        2021 Reflection 310RLS
                        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Yoda which shower head did you end up getting?

Mine is pretty tired. Some of the orifices can break off easily with a fingernail.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1542.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.0 KB ID:	132167

I've had the bodyspa on a previous rig, and it was ok. Would like a bit more flow/spread, and wondering if the Fury might do that. That's where I'm leaning at the moment.

Those of you with these oxygenetics shower heads - do they fit in the existing holder well enough?

EDIT: I see the holder grabs the hose end, not the wand, so any shower wand I can screw onto the hose should work.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1543.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.4 KB ID:	132168
                          Last edited by BWSTGDS; 04-15-2024, 09:04 PM.
                          Jeff & Janice
                          2019 Solitude 377MBS, 5.5kW Onan, Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, EquaFlex/wetbolts, Triangle TRT01 LRG tires, Splendide W/D, Magnum Energy 3000W inverter/charger, 4-225AH-6V NPP AGM's, Winegard WiFi extender, RV airflow, Progressive Ind HW EMS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch​

Pulled with an upgraded 2001 F350 SRW CC LB Lariat 7.3​

Comment

Originally posted by BWSTGDS View Post
                            Yoda which shower head did you end up getting?
                            I.have not decided yet. My home shower head needs replacing too. So I guess I need to get off my hiney and select something.
                            Keith
                            Last edited by howson; 04-16-2024, 08:29 AM. Reason: Edited quote for readibility.
                            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

I.have not decided yet. My home shower head needs replacing too. So I guess I need to get off my hiney and select something.
                              Keith
                              Yup...hurry up and spend some money Keith...

We have the body spa version. Much better than the original shower head.
                              2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                              2021 303RLS
                              Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Working...
                              X