Black tank sensor reads 3/4 full

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black tank sensor reads 3/4 full

Any tips or tricks to Cleaning the Black tank sensor ? Mine reads 3:4 full after dumping and flushing out .

brand new 2024 bh2800

Unfortunately they are notoriously inaccurate due to the way they operate and debris getting stuck on them. The best way to monitor the black tank is to watch the level through the bottom of your toilet if it is a straight shot down, or listen to the sound as you flush. That said if you are looking for accurate gauges I have installed the seelevel monitoring system, those sensors stick on the outside of the tank and I have found them to be much more reliable.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      i can’t even see my tanks . The whole underside of the trailer is covered

Comment

Originally posted by gto1970 View Post
        Thanks for the reply.
        i can’t even see my tanks . The whole underside of the trailer is covered
        Yes, you have to remove that material (called the coroplast) from the front back, and then you access the tanks, plumbing, and wiring.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

gto1970 - I've had six different RVs over the years, and none of the gauges have been accurate. Our current rig is a 2024 Solitude and I have the same issue. After dumping and rinsing our black (and gray) tank, the gauge still shows it to be partly full. I did find that if i let it sit for a few days, the tank will eventually show empty. i guess this is because it starts to dry around the sensor.

I believe you may have misunderstood ncitro . You can determine if your black tank is getting full by looking down the toilet when you flush it, not looking at the tanks. When a black tank starts to get full, the liquid level starts to cover the vent pipe. When this happens, you'll start to see air coming back up the toilet. We call that the "burping toilet". When you see air starting to come out the toilet, you're probably about 3/4 or more full, and it's time to dump.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

ncitro
            How do you like the seelevel setup...I'm thinking about it
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            2021 303RLS
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
              ncitro
              How do you like the seelevel setup...I'm thinking about it
              I’m very happy with it. Put it in several years ago and have set my friend and in laws up with it as well. I got it initially for the black tank but as Jim said you know when the black is getting full, but I didn’t expect how useful it is for the fresh. When dry camping knowing within two percent is really useful.

Neil Citro

Comment

After the camping season I fill all my tanks with water and a cup of dollar store pine-sol detergent and let it set for a few days then drain and have never had a problem with tank level sensors.
                2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
                  Unfortunately they are notoriously inaccurate due to the way they operate and debris getting stuck on them. The best way to monitor the black tank is to watch the level through the bottom of your toilet if it is a straight shot down, or listen to the sound as you flush. That said if you are looking for accurate gauges I have installed the seelevel monitoring system, those sensors stick on the outside of the tank and I have found them to be much more reliable.
                  Neil, I can't remember, do you have a GX Touch? If you do, were you able to connect the Seelevel sensors to the Cerbo GX?
                  Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post

Neil, I can't remember, do you have a GX Touch? If you do, were you able to connect the Seelevel sensors to the Cerbo GX?
                    I run the Victron Venus OS on a Raspberry Pi, but essentially the same thing. I do not have it connected (really want to), my system predates the RV-C or NEMA interface, and I am waiting for their Soul product (supports up to seven tanks) to be released to end users.

Neil Citro

Comment

Originally posted by Reacher View Post
                      After the camping season I fill all my tanks with water and a cup of dollar store pine-sol detergent and let it set for a few days then drain and have never had a problem with tank level sensors.
                      I find that will work until the next time you use it. Then....you can fix it up at the end of the season again.
                      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                      2021 303RLS
                      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Working...
                      X