Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor sprayer (inside) we sprung a leak!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor sprayer (inside) we sprung a leak!

Well - we finally after 5 years found a leak. Worried it was there longer than I realized....it's just a drip...but the drip was enough for me to see water this past trip and dig in to look at.

This is for the outdoor sprayer quick connect. See pictures. This goes down and to a splitter at the hot water tank (cold spray port) that comes off of a piece of pex. It looks like there are 3 pieces for the quick connect on the back. I am not sure which one is leaking.

I am debating how hard it might be to change out the flexible hose with pex all the way? Would love to have brass sharkbites instead of pex and the current fittings. I imagine I will need to replace the o ring on the outside of the camper that the quick connect port has behind it against the camper wall as well.

Does anyone know what parts these are? I assume they are the same on any model? Has anyone changed this out with better fittings?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240421_154815847.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	132612
    Attached Files
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

bellis

Could the leak be from the cone washer? It's inside the female end of the elbow connector. Easy to change. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-port-in-21bhe for a similar problem with a lot of information.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      bellis

Could the leak be from the cone washer? It's inside the female end of the elbow connector. Easy to change. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-port-in-21bhe for a similar problem with a lot of information.

Howard
      That was most helpful. This thread was also helpful.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...nt-220rk/page2

I will probably order one of each of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2XYW5PKS&psc=1
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...QXKNI6O5&psc=1
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...PYCMRIKV&psc=1

I think I have some 1/2" blue pex on hand. May be able to swap out the flexible hose altogether. I see why people use the crimp tool - lot cheaper fittings than the sharkbites....am tempted to grab a few sharkbites though - would save me on the tool....but I probably need one of those anyway just in case /smile

I need to go back out ASAP and look it over better. It is not an easy space to get to. I will be going through a small panel in the outdoor kitchen trying to reach it =/

Does anyone know where you can get a replacement sticky o-ring/seal for the outdoor sprayer to the exterior wall of the camper? Anyone see anything else I need?
      2020 Imagine 2400BH
      2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

This is the seal for the pipe swivel.

Name:	Screenshot_20240423_201608_Chrome.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	132657
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
          This is the seal for the pipe swivel.

Name:	Screenshot_20240423_201608_Chrome.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	132657
          Thanks Ted.

Does anyone know where I can get the thin, stick, rubber seal that goes on the outside of the camper but under the external piece? The screws go through it.
          2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bellis View Post
            ...the thin, stick, rubber seal that goes on the outside of the camper but under the external piece? The screws go through it.
            My imagination is failing me -- do you have a picture of this seal? Is it attached to the exterior of the camper under a slide?

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Thanks Ted.

Does anyone know where I can get the thin, stick, rubber seal that goes on the outside of the camper but under the external piece? The screws go through it.
              More than likely it is a really soft rubber or even a foam rubber material, probably get some at a hardware store. This does not really seal the plastic port to the sidewall, just protect the paint. There should have been some silicone around the top half of the plastic port housing.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

My imagination is failing me -- do you have a picture of this seal? Is it attached to the exterior of the camper under a slide?
                Look at the picture in post 1. It is up against the camper. Also Country Campers.

Thanks all!
                2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

Look at the picture in post 1. It is up against the camper. Also Country Campers.

Thanks all!
                  Now that I see the pic I understand the verbiage. For anyone else that may not understand, he's looking for the seal the arrow is pointing to...

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-30 193013.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	133176

Howard & Francine

Comment

Well I finally was able to work on it this evening. Down side - there was some soft wood and mold that we discovered....upside....I now have plenty of room to work on the plumbing =/

Name:	PXL_20240501_023453786.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	133196

Name:	PXL_20240501_023456611.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	133197

Anyone have any killer Outdoor Kitchen remodel ideas? The Mrs. did get a blackstone and we were thinking about removing the factory propane cooktop/shelf. I saw where one guy modified his to put the blackstone in the outdoor kitchen. I am not sure how I feel about that....heat awful close to the camper. I'm also not sure hers will fit anyway.

So - any killer remodel ideas that you have seen?
                    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

That is pretty sweet that the water heater is right there. While this is apart you could change over to a hot/cold spray port. Someone did that here I think where they added a exterior box that had a faucet like fixture inside. Would be a great add to the outside kitchen.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Leak fixed for now. Now I have to decide if while I am in there I want to change the valves and all other fittings...

Before:

Name:	PXL_20240503_042351474.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	133366

After:

Name:	PXL_20240503_053915483.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	133365

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                        That is pretty sweet that the water heater is right there. While this is apart you could change over to a hot/cold spray port. Someone did that here I think where they added a exterior box that had a faucet like fixture inside. Would be a great add to the outside kitchen.

Brian
                        Do you remember who it was? Or can you give me something to search on?
                        2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

bellis

Hot and Cold Water to spray port - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)

Brian
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS
                          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                          X