312bhts Water outlets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 312bhts Water outlets

Hi There, Im a new owner of a 312 BHTS and I am trying to understand the rear outlet pipe at the rear of the trailer. There is no valve and only a cap. Is this from a holding tank from the outdoor kitchen sink? And how do I operate this without the valve?

Welcome to the forum Cstahl. If your outlet is like mine, it is a cold water outlet that is plumbed into the trailer's fresh water supply. You should have received a blue hose with your trailer. You plug this hose into the outlet, and then you can operate the water by squeezing the handle on the hose nozzle.

A word of caution though. Sometimes, it's very difficult to get the blue hose to plug into the outlet pipe. This is due to water pressure in the system. A way to make this easier is described below:

1. Turn off the city water connection if hooked up to city water, or turn off the water pump if dry camping.
    2. Open the cold water valve at the kitchen or bathroom sink to relieve pressure in the system.
    3. Plug in the blue hose.
    4. Turn off the cold water valve that you opened in step 2.
    5. Turn your pump or city water connection back on.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by cstahl View Post
      Hi There, Im a new owner of a 312 BHTS and I am trying to understand the rear outlet pipe at the rear of the trailer. There is no valve and only a cap. Is this from a holding tank from the outdoor kitchen sink? And how do I operate this without the valve?
      Hi Cstahl, I think you are referring to the discharge outlet for the rear kitchen/sink. There is no holding tank, the black pipe is directly plumbed to the sink drain. When I had my 308, I bought one of the caps that had the water hose connection on it and used that to run over to my sewer dump location. If no sewer was available, I used a 5 gallon bucket to catch the sink water.
      Brady & Steph
      2019 Momentum 351m FBP
      2019 F350 DRW Long Bed B&W Companion
      *SOLD* 2015 Reflection 308BHTS TT
      *SOLD* 2011 F350 SRW Long Bed

Comment

pomocamper -- moved your question to it's own thread. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...rain-to-a-tank

Also check out the Welcome Letter (as I noted that was your first post).
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X