No announcement yet.

Hot water pressure very low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a service scheduled with the dealer for an installation, gonna have them look at this while it’s there and I’ll update here the findings and solution. Thanks all for your insights.
    Please assume that if I’m asking, I’ve already searched the manual.
    2010 Ram 3500 6.7L I6 T-Diesel DRW | 2021 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 381M-R

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
      Reread post #7.
      Suggest that you re-read it yourself. As Cate&Rob believes, the post by howson and confirmed by the Ellis32198 says that water volume from the cold faucet is reduced when the hot water tank is bypassed. I don't see how it can be read any other way. Rob asserts that the outlet check valve cannot cause this, and raises the possibility that a problem with the hot water tank bypass valve is part or all of the problem.

Good luck at the dealer Ellis32198.
      Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ellis32198 View Post

No worries! Yes, 1 + 2 are spot-on. Also, I’m having trouble with locating the HW tank to check valve status.
        My mistake re #7. That was Howard's request for clarification. Clarification given in #8.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Ellis32198 View Post
          Just purchased 2021 Momentum 381M-R, got all set up at the park, made sure all inlet settings correct, and hot water usage has very low pressure. I’m sure I’ve missed setting something accurately, but what is it? Thanks for the assist!
          First - welcome to the forum. On question - have you gotten all air out of the water heater tank? Until it is fully filled I too have low water pressure. A way to check is open your outside access panel on the water heater and burp the pressure relief valve, Be very careful doing this if the water heater is hot,

Second question is are you using the on board water pump or are you connected to city water, and are you using a pressure reducing valve. Some of those valves are very low flow. If your on city water, try switching over to the trailer pump. Be sure to release pressure before turning the valves on the Nautilus panel. It just night be the camp water pressure. Do you have a water pressure gauge to check?

Hope this helps.
          Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

First, after explaining to the dealer's service dept. about this issue, they "checked it out" and their correction was, "Connected city water and checked the kitchen, bathroom faucet and shower. Had sufficient pressure at all locations." Maybe this supports the low incoming pressure theory, maybe they only checked cold water side at those locations to speed through the 9 item list of findings we had over the first week after delivery.

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

First - welcome to the forum. On question - have you gotten all air out of the water heater tank? Until it is fully filled I too have low water pressure. A way to check is open your outside access panel on the water heater and burp the pressure relief valve, Be very careful doing this if the water heater is hot,

Second question is are you using the on board water pump or are you connected to city water, and are you using a pressure reducing valve. Some of those valves are very low flow. If your on city water, try switching over to the trailer pump. Be sure to release pressure before turning the valves on the Nautilus panel. It just night be the camp water pressure. Do you have a water pressure gauge to check?

Hope this helps.
            Keith
            Hi, yes that helps a lot!
            • I briefly burped the hot water tank (not wanting to make too much of a mess), but I think it may need more.
            • We are connected to city water and using a 45 psi pressure regulator (the factory preset one from Camco).
            • Ordered a new dial-in type pressure regulator with guage to set (or remove) pressure regulation as needed.
            Would like to try the trailer pump. Does that feed solely from the fresh water tank or in-line with any incoming water source?

Comment

Ellis32198

The water pump draws from the fresh tank. Use the fresh tank fill function on the Nautilus panel to fill fresh water tank. Then set the Nautilus panel to dry camping and turn on pump, this will draw from fresh tank.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                Ellis32198

The water pump draws from the fresh tank. Use the fresh tank fill function on the Nautilus panel to fill fresh water tank. Then set the Nautilus panel to dry camping and turn on pump, this will draw from fresh tank.

Brian
                Ellis32198

Before you turn on the pump for the first time, open a cold water faucet to drain any system pressure and leave it open until the pump has purged any air from the system.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Ok, for all those who have helped with input, insight, and encouragement for this issue: Camco RV Brass Inline Water Pressure Regulator was the culprit, restricting too much flow apparently. Docs for that product say it restricts to 45 psi, but the 45 psi I have now looks way different.

I swapped it out with the GOLDPAR RV Water Pressure Regulator Valve with Pressure Gauge and adjusted it to 45 psi flow pressure. Additionally, I "burped" the hot water tank from the pressure relief valve as well to ensure that wasn't going to be an issue.

Voila, sufficient hot water pressure! Still going to follow through with Yoda 's steps to pump from the freshwater tanks to verify the entire system operates as intended.

Thanks for all of your assistance and see ya on the road.

Comment

That is interesting that the brass regulator was bad. I have been using the same one for over 20 years and it has held up fine , but...... I guess I need to get one of those gauges and actually see what is going on. I know Rob , Cate&Rob , has been preaching this from his soap box for a while.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I'm mystified how the regulator only affected the hot water pressure...but if it's fixed it's fixed.
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I do know they make 2 different preset regulators. One is called "high flow" and the other says nothing. https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A01-...4899844&sr=8-1 is the one i added to my inventory to see if it would make things better.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                          I do know they make 2 different preset regulators. One is called "high flow" and the other says nothing. https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A01-...4899844&sr=8-1 is the one i added to my inventory to see if it would make things better.
                          Consider one like shown below. The pressure is adjustable and having the gauge right on the regulator gives a ready reference. You'll be surprised how different the pressure is at different campgrounds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Consider.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	44999
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                          X