Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do if fresh water tank is collapsed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do if fresh water tank is collapsed?

Messed up and left a cap on the overfill hose until my tank was empty and wondering if my fresh water tank might have collapsed. The overfill drain hose was kinked sideways which is how I noticed the cap was still on there. When I removed the cap it sucked air. Wondering if I should try refilling the tank to see if it will take water and be okay or if it collapsed am I looking at potential leaks? Appreciate any input if someone is knowledgeable on this. Thank you!
    Dennis & Phyllis Manley
    2018 Reflection 27RL; 2008 Silverado 2500HD 4X4

I would think that the only way you would know if it is damaged is to fill it up , or drop the underbelly I guess would be 2 ways. I have not heard of a failure of the tank from a collapsing. I have done similar but only using a few gallons and not the whole tank with out any issues , so far.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I would say if the tank sucked air when you removed the cap, the tank is not cracked.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis&Phyllis View Post
        Messed up and left a cap on the overfill hose until my tank was empty and wondering if my fresh water tank might have collapsed. The overfill drain hose was kinked sideways which is how I noticed the cap was still on there. When I removed the cap it sucked air. Wondering if I should try refilling the tank to see if it will take water and be okay or if it collapsed am I looking at potential leaks? Appreciate any input if someone is knowledgeable on this. Thank you!
        You should be OK as it sucked air, but I would not make a practice out of it. Best to correct you arrangement least you forget again. I would suggest the fix (double vent down pipes) that was posted on water loss , or run the vent forward and up as I did in my thread. However your kitchen is right above the water tank, and you could just take the vent up and into one of the cabinets to get it above the tank. T it so overflow still drains down. Then no valves are needed. the down side is 2 of these fixes require dropping the coroplast.

Hope this helps
        Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Thanks for your responses. We filled the tank and let it set overnight without any visible leak problems. Draining it slowly this morning and hoping it will work properly on our next trip. We're definitely gonna do something to make sure this doesn't happen again. Again, thanks for your responses.
          Dennis & Phyllis Manley

Comment

Dennis&Phyllis ,

If you “twin” the overflow pipe, you won’t need the cap. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...problem-solved

Rob
            Last edited by Cate&Rob; 05-19-2021, 07:01 PM.
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
              Dennis&Phyllis ,

If you “twin” the overflow pipe, you want need the cap. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...problem-solved

Rob
              Thanks Rob.
              Last edited by Cate&Rob; 05-19-2021, 07:02 PM.
              Dennis & Phyllis Manley

Comment

Working...
              X