Hot water to urinal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot water to urinal

My toilet has hot water in it, has anyone had this problem?

First--what trailer do you own?

A great place to start here on this forum is to read the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      First--what trailer do you own?

A great place to start here on this forum is to read the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
      320 mks 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Richontheroad View Post
        320 mks 2021
        Hot water in the toilet--that's a new one.

If there's no other mix up in the trailer (cold comes out the cold side and hot from the hot side everywhere else) the only possibility I can think of is the "T" that feeds the toilet was connected to the hot line instead of the cold line. Most likely that "T" is under the floor but above the coroplast, somewhere in proximity to the toilet.

If there's warm water everywhere in the trailer from all the faucets check the outside sprayer at the Nautilus panel--perhaps the hot side is turned on and cold is off? If those handles are turned on water will mix behind the Nautilus. (Having just the hot faucet turned on would also be a new one but you never know...)

Cate&Rob -- any other thoughts?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Check your handles on your outdoor shower/sprayer.
          John & Kathy
          2014 Reflection 303RLS
          2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Jkwilson View Post
            Check your handles on your outdoor shower/sprayer.
            This would be my first place to check. If you left the valves open, it allows mixing of hot and cold water.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

And no one is going to be a smart a$$ and ask how he knows? ๐Ÿ˜›
              Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
              2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
              2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Originally posted by trkester View Post
                And no one is going to be a smart a$$ and ask how he knows? ๐Ÿ˜›
                I had a shop foreman come to me and tell me one of the shop toilets was connected to hot water and that was my first question.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.โ€‹

Neil Citro
                2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

We had a similar problem at work. Several people complained of the steam cleaned rear when doing a courtesy flush.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

In our case I don't need to stick my hand in the bowl to find out - every time we flush the Furrion hot water panel in the bathroom lights up and I can hear the tankless heater fire up. I just hadn't decided the problem was high enough on my priority list yet.

I'm assuming the factory accidentally tied the flush line into the hot water system.
                    Mike and Rebecca
                    2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
                    2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

Comment

Mike & Rebecca With the Bathroom on the upper floor (260RD), you should be able to pull the rear wall in the basement and see the connection to the waterline. In my unit (303rls) GD used colored lines to help minimize the chances of this happening.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                      X