Water pumps and PSI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsonposh View Post

Thank you. If you have any suggestions on good ones I am open to suggestions

p.s. I did check Remco's specs... they are 65psi (still a little high)
    Are you referring to the Remco you linked on Amazon? If so look again. Positive shut off is 75-85psa. Its the 4th or 5th bullet down in the description. Sureflow makes a 5.7 GPM model https://www.shurflowaterpump.com/
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Remco pump info. Sounds like an adjustable pump. 65 - 75 psi. 5 chambers should be smoother pulses.

ofjlpqws7srnnpabpid2.pdf
      Attached Files
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Quick follow up if forum rules allow... I got the Remco and JIC I got a accumulator tank. I have heard both sides say "DONT USE A TANK" and "USE A TANK" but I am not sure what to do... if it will cause no harm... I will just add it anyway but I dont want to break anything.
        Todd & Steph
        2022 Momentum 395MS-R
        2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Diesel

Comment

Cate&Rob and TedS -- what do you guys think about bsonposh 's question? I'm not sure why someone would caution against using an accumulator tank--assuming it's setup correctly, right?
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi Todd,

Pumps are normally on-or-off devices, controlled by a pressure switch with a hysteresis between off and on. For these pumps, an accumulator (pressure) tank works well to extend supply water pressure and extend the time between off and on. The Remco pump info says that it has some sort of variable pressure/flow. (I have no first hand experience with this pump.) I suppose it is possible that this Remco pressure/volume control system would be confused by an accumulation tank . . . but, their advice might just be that their pump doesn’t need an accumulator tank, not that it won’t work with one.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

howson What I have seen in pump literature about using an accumulator has been "you don't need to use an accumulator with our pump". There was no mention or caution to not use an accumulator, just a statement that one was not necessary. The pump should not care if there is or is not an accumulator.
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
              X