X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiger6761 View Post

OK, sorry about that.
    No problem!
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
      Might be worth investing in a borescope and getting a look at the fitting on top of the tank, if there is concern about whether or not it is a slip fitting.
      I have one on the way but not sure if there is enough gap for the scope. Will update.

Comment

Comment

So now what? Is that piece of pipe supposed to be glued in place up inside the pipe behind the sink? That is my guess, that we need to get this pipe out of the tank, heavily glue it in place and then push the tank back onto that pipe. Would love some input.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger6761 View Post
            So now what? Is that piece of pipe supposed to be glued in place up inside the pipe behind the sink? That is my guess, that we need to get this pipe out of the tank, heavily glue it in place and then push the tank back onto that pipe. Would love some input.
            Wish I could be more help, but I've never done this work so all I can do is ask questions to learn. :(

In the fourth pic (partially pasted in below) does that inserted pipe slide right out? Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that the fitting on the tank is a "slip joint". To me that implies the pipe should slide in and out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	slip fitting.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	92905
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

From the picture that Howard has above I would measure from the tank to the top of that pipe, then measure from the bottom of the floor to the inside lip where this pipe should seat and see if those measurements match. If the pipe is too short then that would cause the leaking that you are experiencing. Also that pipe pictured above should just pull out of the grommet installed in the tank, not sure how hard it is though. I also do not like the jagged edgs on that pipe, shotty work there in my opinion. It is also possible that the pipe connection above the floor was never made correctly, pipe and sink fitting not lining up.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We tried pulling the pipe out and it wouldn’t budge. Going to have to try again. Will try measuring.

Comment

From the looks of that pipe it may have some type of build up on the bottom side preventing it from moving freely.

You might try using some type of soap or penetrating lubricant on the top edge and possibly using a slim flat object (feeler gauge type thing) to work the lubricant into the rubber grommet.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

New update. We are unable to get this dang pipe out of the grey tank. Admittedly I am dealing with tennis elbow in both arms so my strength isn’t what it normally would be. But this thing isn’t budging. Used silicone spray, got it worked in. We can push it down and it comes back up to a point and just stops. The screenshots I took make it look almost like that pipe is in the shape of a bell at the bottom. A very slight flair all around. And then the very end definitely has a flare going on. Not real sure what to do now. If this is the construction then no wonder it wasn’t seated in the connector above.

Have considered…
                    1. Drop a bead of silicone down in this gasket to solidify the pipe as far out as we can get it. Make it so when we go to set this thing we can push it home.

2. I have to take the whole gate valve connection apart to make a big enough hole. Push the pipe all the way through and fish it out. Then go get the right size pipe from the store. Cut it the right length. Glue it in the existing floor connection. Push the tank onto that.

Comment

Wife just came up with #3. Push the pipe through. Remove the gasket at that point then attempt to retrieve the pipe through the original hole.

Comment

It gets deeper. I had to cut the pipe in order to push it down into the tank to get it out. In pic two that shows how that gasket is SUPPOSED to fit on the pipe. On mine that entire lower fitting was shoved through the gasket and was inside the tank. So not only was the pipe improperly glued, not seated properly in the vent pipe…. it was also WAY too long. So now we have to measure and see if we can get this right.

Comment

You are certainly on the right track and learning as you go, as well as supplying info for others, thanks for keeping the group up to date.

Brian
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS
                          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

That lip on the end is suspicious. Looks like someone tried to friction weld it to something else. I also looks like the end is slightly tapered between the bulge and the rest of the pipe (this is what I would have expected to make it easier to install in the bushing).

The only other thing I can think of would be a plastic test cap, but those are usually so thin they break out. https://www.firstsupply.com/Product/OAT33473
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

We got this remounted finally. What a pain. We took off a good 3”-4” off the pipe because it was cut and mounted incorrectly in the first place. To get it mounted I used a little of that toilet seal conditioner to slick things up. It was tough. Getting screws lined up on the brackets was incredibly difficult. I think I am going to take some aluminum angle iron and make braces on each side of the tank so if anything ever comes loose again it shouldn’t rock right to left and put all the stress on the pipe. We still have to clean up the wiring and plumbing rat nest and get the belly back on but man this has been a job.

Comment

Working...
                              X