Winterizing washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winterizing washer

Does anyone have experience in winterize the Splendine washer using the the water pump siphon method. I couldn't get it done it kept coding out H2o, meaning the antifreeze wasn't getting to the washer. Although all other fixtures in the RV are winterized. What am I missing?
    Any suggestions
    Thanks
    Mark

Originally posted by Kodak View Post
    Does anyone have experience in winterize the Splendine washer using the the water pump siphon method. I couldn't get it done it kept coding out H2o, meaning the antifreeze wasn't getting to the washer. Although all other fixtures in the RV are winterized. What am I missing?
    Any suggestions
    Thanks
    Mark
    Are the valves turned on that feed water to the Splendide? (I've made that mistake multiple times.)

Otherwise there's no reason I can think of. Don't forget to open the drain (lower right under the lower front cover that snaps off) to get standing water out of the drain line. (I use a wet dry vac to suck up the water that comes out.) Post 13 in this thread shows what I'm writing about: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...f-smelly-water

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum! Check out the Welcome Letter if you'd like to know more about this place: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you I will check the other posts.
      Happy Trails!

Comment

No problems at all with winterizing the Splendide. It's the last line we do and DW, who's inside, says it takes awhile before pink starts to show up. Probably because it's the longest run. It also may be because it's not an open faucet but involves the washing machine water drawing water in with the camper pump pushing water. There is an air pocket now because you've already opened, and closed, the low point drains.
        She sets the machine on cold wash first. After antifreeze is visible she cancels the cycle and changes to a hot wash. Again it takes 20-30 seconds for the antifreeze to show up. She then cancels the hot load and sets the machine to a warm cycle. Now she has pink flowing freely, and lets it run only 5 seconds more. She then sets the washer to a drain & spin only cycle to move the pink out and into the trap and to the grey tank. Next, wipe up the visible antifreeze so it doesn't stain the inside of the machine.
        Hope this helps, good luck going forward.

Comment

What they said ^^^^^^
          Its very important to run the machine so it will pump out the antifreeze once its in the drum, that way the pump and the drain have antifreeze in them.
          When we had the machine in our 2012 Open range I had to replace the pump due to the impeller seal leaking. I suspect it was my fault and that I didnt pump out the drum that fall.
          2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
          X