No announcement yet.

Furrion tankless water heater retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am referring to the manuel for the furrion 2.4 GPM Tankless gas WH; page 12 referencing the antifreeze function. I have attached a screenshot of it. Notice the second line from the bottom. It may be stating 12V and shore power are necessary.

thank you for your help on this question

jimClick image for larger version

Name:	20230303_124302.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	107305
    Jim & Val
    with Doozy a Mini bull Terrier

2023 Imagine 2670mk
    2011 Chevy Silverado 2500hd
    2 6V AGM batteries
    160W portable solar panel
    BlUETTI EB55 537Wh Portable Power Station w/120W portable solar panel
    Bend, OR

Comment

Jbshmstr I see no reference to 120v shore power, only 12v power. In fact I'm almost sure there's no 120v even run to that device, it's propane and 12v only. What it's saying there (and is important to keep in mind) is if your batteries die then the anti freeze function will not work.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I understand. Thank you! That is great news.
        Jim & Val

2023 Imagine 2670mk
        2 6V AGM batteries
        Bend, OR

Comment

I could see how the second part of "12v + house electric" could be interpreted as needing shore/120. I can confirm though that the only power lines into it come from the 12v side of the trailer's internal power grid. I took a good look before traveling through the north in January without the freeze protection, in case the worst happened and I needed to pull the thing while on the road. I still have my gen 2 board sitting there, I just need to find some free time that I can work on my rig and get it changed out. I'm excited for if that day ever comes, both for getting the part updated and also for actually finding free time! lol
          David and Deana
          2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
          2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

Thank you David this is very confirming.
            Jim & Val

2023 Imagine 2670mk
            2 6V AGM batteries
            Bend, OR

Comment

I finally found some time to do a little work on our trailer and one of the projects was this board swap. It was really very easy. I didn't take any pics because the ones already posted by SATA Adventures on the first page of this thread already nail the step by step process. I'm glad to have this taken care of.

I looked very closely for any kind of labeling that differentiated the boards as gen1 and gen 2 for new owners not sure which they have but there wasn't anything written that made sense as an identified. I can confirm that the physical differences were very minor but the exact same as pointed out in post #21 of this thread. If I was an owner that intended to keep this water heater and wasn't sure which version I had, I would strongly encourage looking at post #21, noting the differences, and then opening up my own TWH and checking to see which it was.

EDIT: Also, I believe that it was mentioned on here already but to confirm that this new board requires the propane to be turned on at the tank in order to have the freeze protection functionality. I don't want to get into a debate on this as I know plenty of people drive with propane on but I just have an aversion to doing that. I will be purchasing and installing a couple of the GasStop emergency shut off valves so that if there was a major leak, due to something like an accident, then the gas flow would be cut off and potentially save a bad situation from becoming catastrophic. This is going to be my peace of mind as I cope with the requirement of driving with the propane on if I am going to travel through freezing temperatures.
              Last edited by WondersAwait; 03-20-2023, 09:40 AM.
              David and Deana
              2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
              2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

Working...
              X