Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide out bounces?

Hello everyone,
    We have Reflection 297rsts. Is it normal when sitting in the the slide to feel it bouncing when someone is walking?
    Dave and Nancy
    Reflection 297 rsts
    Horseheads, NY

I forgot one other thing. What should I use to lubricate the arms that move the slide in and out.
    Last edited by Dave/Nancy; 09-14-2021, 07:38 PM.

Yes, it is very normal to feel the trailer move (or slide if that's where you're sitting) when someone walks through the trailer. Even my 10lb poodle trotting through the camper will send noticeable vibrations through my theater seating .

For lubricating the slides, Lippert's official position is none is required. From the manual:
    It is recommended that when operating in harsh environments (road salt, ice build up, etc) the moving parts
    be kept clean. They can be washed with mild soap and water. No grease or lubrication is necessary and in some
    situations may be detrimental to the environment and long term dependability of the system.

There is a lot of information on your electric thru-frame slide at lci1.com. Follow the Support Documentation links and you'll navigate (eventually) to the slide area where there are many technical manuals on the product. This link should get you close: https://support.lci1.com/through-fra...c-slide-system

Personally, I use CRC with PTFE on the interior of the gear boxes to lubricate the drive shaft (not the gear faces) as explained in the service manual. I also make sure all the mechanisms are kept free from debris, nests, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lubricate.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	65950

TucsonJim has a 297RSTS. When he sees this thread I'm sure he'll chime in.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard, 2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X