Repacking Bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repacking Bearing

I’m going to be repacking my bearings for the first time. I know that I need to replace the inner seal. Does anyone know what the part number is? I have searched different sites and even chatted with someone at eTrailer and couldn’t find it. My trailer is a 2022 Grand Design Imagine 2600 with 4,400 axles. The part number on the axle is V000531456.

Thanks!

ETrailer is usually a good source for this type of information. This link seems to answer your question. https://www.etrailer.com/question-315850.html but if you want to be absolutely sure, contact Dexter with you axle ID information from the label on the axle.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by remle View Post
      I’m going to be repacking my bearings for the first time. I know that I need to replace the inner seal. Does anyone know what the part number is? I have searched different sites and even chatted with someone at eTrailer and couldn’t find it. My trailer is a 2022 Grand Design Imagine 2600 with 4,400 axles. The part number on the axle is V000531456.

Thanks!
      In addition to Rob's input, Yoda has an interesting thread covering the same axle: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...d-part-numbers

This post by colan might be helpful, too: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-and-seal-info

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Cleaning and repacking bearings is the way I spent my afternoon today. If you will call Dexter and supply the info on your axle label, they will give you a parts breakdown diagram that will identify every part number on your axle, brakes, and hub. This information is invaluable should you ever get into an emergency situation. I've been there.
        2020 Reflection 273MK
        2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Thanks!
          remle Look at the pdf in my thread that Howard linked - everything you need is there. However email Dexter with you axle serial numbers (both) and as for the build sheet and keep it in you GD black folder. Dexter has great customer service. FWIW I know Summit Racing and Motion Industries carry Timkin. Also I suggest you read the welcome letter and complete your signature..

BTW the 4400 lb axles parts and not readily stocked, so I suggest you carry extra seals and full bearing set with your in the OOPS bag, just in case.

Safe travels
          Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I’m guessing that I will need to contact Lippert since they are Lippert axles.

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I’m guessing that I will need to contact Lippert since they are Lippert axles.
              Now that is a supersize. I thought GD had switched over to Dexter only? However you may be in luck as most hubs for a specific weight class are built the same, so some parts are interchangeable.

But to answer you question - Yes send them the information from both axles.

Keith
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I called Lippert today and was told the part number for the bearing seal is:
                333960 2 pack
                333961 10 pack

Thanks for the help!

Comment

I believe the 4400# axles use the same seal as a 3500# one, generic size 10-19. And the same inner bearing but a different outer bearing.
                  2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

Shop around for the seals. I usually buy a 10 pack and Amazon is almost always the cheapest.
                    2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

I called Lippert today and was told the part number for the bearing seal is:
                      333960 2 pack
                      333961 10 pack

Thanks for the help!
                      Now that is puzzling too as it is only matching up with a Lippert 3500lb axle on the LC1 site and I am finding 3 different dimensions (1.65 to 1.72) for it depending on where you shop. Did they happen to give you the details dimensions/specifications? Have you checked with you local GD dealer as mine carries seals - but pricey. At least you can check part # The only real way to know is to measure the hub dia? I was trying to find the Timken part number for you as I believe they are better made.

I did find this https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-12208.../dp/B00JMHF5W0 However not sure it fits based on the other info out there.
                      On edit - from LCI https://store.lci1.com/172in-id-doub...-2-pack-333960 Note cross reference at bottom to 122087 part number is superseded
                      Also found the Timken interchange site and that number does not come up https://www.timken.com/engineering-t...election-tool/ and that is puzzling too.

Trying to help as I have ordered the wrong stuff before for my unit.

Keith
                      Last edited by Yoda; 03-07-2023, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Same unit here. Same project. Local trailer shop sold me standard seals for 3500 lb axles and they were a perfect match. I have the same Lippert 4400 lb axles.
                        2022 Imagine 2600RB
                        2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

Yoda,
                          They did not give me any information on the size.
                          I do not have a GD dealer nearby.
                          I ended up ordering a 10 pack from Amazon.
                          Now I have to decide which brand of grease to use.

Have a good day!

Comment

Yoda,
                            They did not give me any information on the size.
                            I do not have a GD dealer nearby.
                            I ended up ordering a 10 pack from Amazon.
                            Now I have to decide which brand of grease to use.

Have a good day!
                            Lucas red-n-tacky grease

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Lucas red-n-tacky grease
                              I second the Lucas Red -n- Tacky. Great grease.
                              40-year Camping Enthusiast
                              2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
                              2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

Working...
                              X