What Brake Shoes to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Brake Shoes to use?

Looking for the P/N or suggestions for what replacement brake shoes to use on my 2021 Momentum 25G TT. 6000 lbs axles.
    USAF Veteran
    Aircraft Instrumentation & Avionics
    “ Charlie” 2021 Momentum 25G, 3 season rear doors, 4500 Owen gen.
    2017 2500HD Chevy 4x4 6.6L Duramax
    ProPride 3P® hitch​

I have never seen anyone replace just the "shoes" on trailer brakes. Most often people replace the brake assembly including the shoes, magnet and backing plate as an entire unit. Chances are if the shoes are worn the magnets are also. I like E-trailer and I would stay with the Dexter brand (unless your trailer has Lippert axles)
    Watch out for cheap knockoffs if you shop on Amazon or E-bay.
    If youre unsure of what brake assemblies to buy you can contact Dexter with the part # and serial number on your axle tube (in the middle) and they will supply you with a list of service part numbers.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2024 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas with faux Allison 10 speed. Nellie the Diva, wonder boxer

Comment

Thanks for the input. No experience with magnetic engaged brakes. Was thinking of the old days on cars & trucks changing shoes.
      USAF Veteran
      Aircraft Instrumentation & Avionics
      “ Charlie” 2021 Momentum 25G, 3 season rear doors, 4500 Owen gen.
      2017 2500HD Chevy 4x4 6.6L Duramax
      ProPride 3P® hitch​

Comment

The magnets may not be worn down bad enough for replacement but it may be a good idea to replace the whole assembly as mentioned above. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy the whole assembly than to just buy the shoes or parts, plus you will have all new and easier for replacing.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          The magnets may not be worn down bad enough for replacement but it may be a good idea to replace the whole assembly as mentioned above. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy the whole assembly than to just buy the shoes or parts, plus you will have all new and easier for replacing.

Brian
          And, a lot less work, and, a cleaner job. Speaking from experience. I'm old school too, and, old. KIS
          Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
          TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

How many miles did you put on the trailer to wear out the shoes so fast?
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            2021 303RLS
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Working...
            X