303 leaf spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 303 leaf spring

1st part: Hello,I have a 2021 Reflection 303rls, I recently had a Check trailer wiring issue on my 2021 Silverado 2500hd, I was checking the trailer wiring on the Brakes and found the wire were worn through from rubbing on the ubolts, repaired the wires still had problem pull drum off and found the clip that holds wires on the backing plate had come off and was wound up around magnet, replaced backing plate assy all is fixed.

2nd Part: When fixing the backing plate I had noticed that the Springs on the Driver side( heavy side ) were completely flat, got the Dexter build sheet and I’m still confused wether I should upgrade the Springs on this side or go back to stock and just ad Summo Springs.
    Looking for advice.
    Thanks Again

2021 Reflection 303rls
    2021 Silverado 2500hd
    Last edited by Hideout #2; 10-19-2023, 07:19 PM.

Going flat that fast, if it were me I would go a little stronger. Not by a lot though. I don't know what they are rated at, but if they were 3000# springs I'd go to 3500#.
    My 2021 303RLS springs are still fine though. I added sumo springs in spring of '21. Could be the difference.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    2021 303RLS
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

There has been a lot of discussion on this forum, going back several years, about the side-to-side weight imbalance on the Reflection 303. The OE springs are 2600 lb. Several 303 owners have upgraded the heavy (left/street) side springs to 3000 lb to carry the extra 800 lbs on that side. I would encourage the OP to actually measure loaded spring arch height to have actual numbers rather than “looks flat”. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-height-how-to for more info and additional links.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Update. After a lot of phone calls and more research the part number on the build sheet from Dexter has discontinued, they do have stock still available for now but it looks like from talking to Dexter direct there going possibly too 3000lb all around. My axle was 120088 5200lb.
        I have read many postings on this sight in regards to spring lengths and arch, Just a FYI per Dexter the spring on a 2021 Reflection 303Rls the Springs are 2600lb and 26in Dexter p/n 072-097-02 Axle 120088. They are NOT 25.25 as what I have read in many posts, but I would check Build Sheet to ensure you have correct part number.
        I did find this Part Number on Etrailer e94sr and does say 26in Spring center to center.
        The biggest change that is appearing is that the free arch is now 4 1/4 instead of 3in.
        Conclusion, after talking to Dexter they were willing to send New 3000lb springs and Ubolts for both sides at no charge.
        Last edited by Hideout #2; 10-21-2023, 04:19 PM.

Comment

That's great information. And thanks for sharing the conclusion.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Nice of Dexter to step up like that.
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            2021 303RLS
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Hideout #2 View Post
              Update. After a lot of phone calls and more research the part number on the build sheet from Dexter has discontinued, they do have stock still available for now but it looks like from talking to Dexter direct there going possibly too 3000lb all around. My axle was 120088 5200lb.
              I have read many postings on this sight in regards to spring lengths and arch, Just a FYI per Dexter the spring on a 2021 Reflection 303Rls the Springs are 2600lb and 26in Dexter p/n 072-097-02 Axle 120088. They are NOT 25.25 as what I have read in many posts, but I would check Build Sheet to ensure you have correct part number.
              I did find this Part Number on Etrailer e94sr and does say 26in Spring center to center.
              The biggest change that is appearing is that the free arch is now 4 1/4 instead of 3in.
              Conclusion, after talking to Dexter they were willing to send New 3000lb springs and Ubolts for both sides at no charge.
              Its great to hear Dexter is taking care of you.

Now for the spring length of 25.25" or 26" its all about how the manufacturer is measuring - Along the arch or straight across. It's the same spring See page 112 of this Dexter manual center left information block and the measurements for double eye springs. https://www.dexteraxle.com/user_area...LIT-122-00.pdf

Double Eye Stack & Loaded Arch Heights Note the varying free arch lengths for a 26" spring which has a center axle location of 13"
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

In reference to the lengh of the Spring, I had asked that question in regards to the Spring length and he insisted it-was 26” from the center to center directly across the top with no spring load.
                unfortunately I don’t have the part number that is being shipped but will update ASAP when I speak to Dexter again which should be Tomorrow.
                if you look up the Spring part number 072-097-02 that was On my build sheet, etrailer it shows a 26” center to center at the top with no load. which matches the original part number from drawing and build sheet. .
                When I get the springs I will check for my self what the measurements are before install.

Comment

Update: confirmed the part number being shipped this morning were Spring # 072-099-01 3000lb spring. Ubolts 011-017-01.
                  Just some updated info.

Comment

Working...
                  X