Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hub Savers - anyone using them?

https://thehubsaver.com/
    Its $40 per axle. It just looks like an oversize washer with holes. I have never had a disastrous bearing failure, so questioning if these are worth while investment? While I am at the CO Rally I am having them do and inspection, bearing repack and brake adjustment if needed.(first time for the new axles) The Hub Saver is an option. $20 for an oversized washer seems steep, but maybe the holes need to be there.

Thoughts?
    Keith

PS
    Ill probably ask over at the other place too - maybe IRV2 - I am curious. They seemed popular at the National Rally.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

They had a seminar at National last year or the year before. I remember looking over the material and thinking it was a solution in search of a problem, so I passed.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
      They had a seminar at National last year or the year before. I remember looking over the material and thinking it was a solution in search of a problem, so I passed.
      Thanks Neil
      I visited thier booth last year at the Rally. I think I came away not impressed, but it must not have made an impression as I only have a vague memory. I could not understand how an outer race could fail without any warnings. It had to be making a huge racket long before catastrophic failure. My gut says a plain oversize washer would work lust a well (probably wrong - any ME's here?), but then again 50 plus years of towing and never loosing a hub. Yes I have had some bad bearings (a lot of noise let me know), but nothing even close to loosing a hub.

I guess I am getting old and stingy........like I was not stingy before. There is a town south of Durango (Aztec NM) just over the border that has a welcome sign with the population of 6000-7000 and 6 old soreheads.

I wonder if I qualify as an OLD sorehead? .......maybe me thinks I should have not asked that here?......dang dark side.....its been a long long day and I am enjoying a cold few

Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

The "Hub Saver" is for those that do not do any bearing maintenance or inspections. My opinion is that this is a gimmick.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Uhhh...nope.

Ask enough places you will likely find somebody that has them though.
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          2021 303RLS
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Well I have come to an absolute decision

You mean you want to know? I will pass on the hub savers

Keith

Comment

Working...
            X