Drive On Ramp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive On Ramp

We have a MORryde CRE 3000 suspension. The trailer is a Reflection 303RLS. Is it possible to use one of those drive on ramps to change a tire?

Originally posted by jkeag View Post
    We have a MORryde CRE 3000 suspension. The trailer is a Reflection 303RLS. Is it possible to use one of those drive on ramps to change a tire?
    Welcome to the forum, jkeag. Check out the new members welcome letter when you get a chance: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

I literally just got done swapping a tire on my 315RLTS as I have a broken TPMS sensor. I used a Trailer Aid to swap the tire with a spare. The trailer aid doesn't quite get the tire up in the air enough, so I have to add a piece of wood underneath.

http://www.trailer-aid.com/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Aid.JPG
Views:	471
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	34360

Name:	Trailer Aid 2.JPG
Views:	370
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	34361
    Again, welcome!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

jkeag --- reinstalled my Sailun today. Took a few more pics so you can see what the Trailer Aid looks like in actual use.

Name:	Trailer Aid 3.JPG
Views:	330
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	34492

Name:	Trailer Aid 4.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	34491
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Thanks for posting the pictures Howard. Do you know if the Trailer Aid Plus would give more height in order to lift the bad tire on a 337RLS? Using one of these looks a lot easier than lugging around my bottle jack and accessories.
        Mark & Ellen
        2020 Reflection 337RLS
        2019 RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW

Comment

Originally posted by MAW7228 View Post
          Thanks for posting the pictures Howard. Do you know if the Trailer Aid Plus would give more height in order to lift the bad tire on a 337RLS? Using one of these looks a lot easier than lugging around my bottle jack and accessories.
          Unfortunately that is a "Plus" I'm using. I have no idea why they didn't make it just a wee bit taller so a 16" tire will clear. Without that extra piece of wood that tire is not coming off. (I've tried.)

Howard & Francine

Comment

Got it. Looks like another small project on my winter list. Also, glad I was able to give you the heads up on the TPMS frequencies.
            Mark & Ellen
            2020 Reflection 337RLS
            2019 RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW

Comment

With three axels I'm not able to use the pre-fabricated drive-on lifts, not enough space between the middle tires and the others. I use the big Lego type jack pads to stair step two tires up until the third is off the ground. It's not fast but it is relatively easy process (Place one pad ahead of the tires and pull onto it, place two pads ahead of the tires and pull onto them, continue to stack and pull until third tire is off the ground. Reverse the process to lower the tires). Plus I can use the pads for other things, like under the jacks or leveling the trailer side to side when I'm not getting a tire off the ground.
              John
              2018 Momentum 395M
              2018 Ram 3500 Dually
              Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
              X