No announcement yet.

MORryde X-Factor bracing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK - dumb question - how do you tell if you have long hangers? Ill try and get pictures today of my 220RK suspension.
    Thanks
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
      OK - dumb question - how do you tell if you have long hangers? Ill try and get pictures today of my 220RK suspension.
      Thanks
      Keith
      Keith--for suspension questions it's not a bad idea to tag Rob (as I've done below) to make sure he sees it (assuming you aren't quoting him as is the case in your post).

Cate&Rob ... over to you.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi Keith,

Attached is a picture and my measured dimensions for what we affectionately call the "long" hanger. LCI also makes a hanger that is about half this length.

Rob
        Attached Files
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Here is some dimensions from a October '17 build Reflection 29RS
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20180909_133043.jpg
Views:	1584
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	8614Click image for larger version

Name:	20180909_133055.jpg
Views:	1497
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	8615

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

How can I get an answer from GD to my questions below? Tried to tag Megan but must not have done it correctly.

“I don’t want Lippert to find an excuse for something failing on their suspension or frame and then pointing fingers at aftermarket modifications. I wonder if GD would like to clarify this for us on this thread.

1 - Does adding aftermarket shackles to stock equalizer or X factor void frame warranty?

2 - How long (years) is that warranty for? “

Vivian
            2018 Reflection 303rls
            Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
            Demco Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post
              How can I get an answer from GD to my questions below? Tried to tag Megan but must not have done it correctly.

“I don’t want Lippert to find an excuse for something failing on their suspension or frame and then pointing fingers at aftermarket modifications. I wonder if GD would like to clarify this for us on this thread.

1 - Does adding aftermarket shackles to stock equalizer or X factor void frame warranty?

2 - How long (years) is that warranty for? “
              Hi Vivian,

The tag to Megan in your previous post looks to be correct, but, I will tag her again here GDRV-Megan .

I can't speak for Grand Design or LCI, but I believe the chassis warranty is one year.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks
                Keith
                Keith,

The important dimension to look at is at the very top of the hanger (or bottom of the 2x2) to the center line of the spring hanger bolt.

The long hanger as in Rob's case is 5"- 0.7"=4.3". My short hangers are 3.25" (from a tape measure) from the top of the hanger to the centerline of the spring hanger bolt.

Jim
                Last edited by Guest; 12-07-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Lippert actually sells "U" hangers from 1.25" to 5.25" (not including the Correct Track hangers).

https://store.lci1.com/catalogsearch...spring+hangers

Jim
                  Jim and Ginnie
                  2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                  GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                  GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Hi Vivian,

The tag to Megan in your previous post looks to be correct, but, I will tag her again here GDRV-Megan .

I can't speak for Grand Design or LCI, but I believe the chassis warranty is one year.

Rob
                    Thanks Rob! In the meantime I looked at Lippert warranty it is 6 years on axles and suspension (parts). Modification will void warranty. I am out of one year warranty and Lippert reimbursed me for that mobile welder. It was almost $800!

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...2017_final.pdf
                    Last edited by Beachcamper; 12-07-2019, 12:01 PM.
                    Vivian
                    2018 Reflection 303rls
                    Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
                    Demco Recon

Comment

I have contacted MORryde and sent them pictures as requested to see what parts I need from them - very good customer service.

Here are pictures of my suspension. I believe I have the long hangers. From the base weld to the spring bolts is right at 5"

Name:	IMG_0270s.jpg
Views:	1296
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	8782

My center section looks like this

Name:	IMG_0273s.jpg
Views:	1229
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	8783
                      and front hanger looks like the rear

Name:	IMG_0276s.jpg
Views:	1221
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	8784

I gave everything a good look over and did not see any obvious sings of any issues.
                      Come spring I will clean and re-grease everything.

One question - this is a closeup of the center pivot and spring shackles. Do you think I need to upgrade them to the MORryde HD ones?

Name:	IMG_0275s.jpg
Views:	1034
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	8785
                      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda
                        Hi Keith,

For what it's worth . . . you have the Dexter suspension with the hangers that have a longer attachment to the frame. No one has reported a hanger failure with these hangers.

Rob
                        Cate & Rob
                        2015 Reflection 303RLS
                        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

How much longer at the frame is the Dexter hangers versus the Lippert 3" correct track hangers?

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                            Yoda
                            Hi Keith,

For what it's worth . . . you have the Dexter suspension with the hangers that have a longer attachment to the frame. No one has reported a hanger failure with these hangers.

Rob
                            That's good news as MORryde does not have any bolt on cross members for the wide hangers (they did suggest a weld on RE21-004). They do have one for the center UO21-003.

I will try and get a length measurement for you today.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
                              How much longer at the frame is the Dexter hangers versus the Lippert 3" correct track hangers?
                              Cate&Rob

They measure 5" where welded to frame.
                              Hope this helps

Comment

One question - this is a closeup of the center pivot and spring shackles. Do you think I need to upgrade them to the MORryde HD ones?
                                I wouldn't change out that Dexter Equalizer. The rubber component still looks to be in good shape.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
                                2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                                GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                                GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                                X