Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Linc Poll -- How Satisfied Are You With the Product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Linc Poll -- How Satisfied Are You With the Product?

To help out scarfile in response to his question, Was wondering how satisfied those that installed the sensors on the tires. Amazon has sets of 2 for $117. Is it worth the investment?
    Love the Tire Linc and use it ever time I tow--buy the pair!
    0%
    Mostly OK, but I only use it because it came with my GDRV. Buy something else
    37.04%
    Awful--stopped using the Tire Linc as it is too unreliable.
    25.93%
    I don't have the Tire Linc system on my GDRV (it didn't come with it).
    22.22%
    I have the Tire Linc but don't use it.
    14.81%
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

I wanted to combine choice #2 and #3

A hybrid version "awful, buy something else"
    2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2024 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas with faux Allison 10 speed. Nellie the Diva, wonder boxer

Comment

It is mostly OK but I do tell others to get something else. If integration of Android Auto is not effectively added to the app this year, I will be taking my own advice and getting a better system before next year.
      The alert device that came with it is completely worthless.
      2021 Reflection 278BH
      2002 GMC 2500HD

Comment

Same here. It's okay, I use it - and it has potential if they invest in the app technology (like adding to CarPlay or Android Auto). I doubt I would have bought it if it didn't come with my trailer.

scarfile would also have to buy the repeater if not already installed (not just the sensors).
        Ken & Sandra
        2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Thanks for the input, ya all just saved me a couple hundred worth of beer money

Comment

I never had it function for one full day yet.
            Locking up, not communicating, false alarms, its garbage in my opinion.
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            2021 303RLS
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Ours will randomly beep, communication through the app is slower and less reliable than snail mail, and temperature is dependent on the sunlight hitting the sensor. YES, parking the trailer with the sensors in full sun actually caused the temp on the app to rise.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

This is my first TPMS and I installed the kit provided with the new 2022 Reflection337RLS. I am able to read the tire pressure and temps on the iphone while driving which is nice. The remote indicator also randomly beeps... not sure why yet as it's all new.
                What I am curious about is the battery draw the sensors and system uses when not in use during storage periods. I understand that even if you remove the battery disconnect switch that it will remain powered...but haven't had the chance to confirm.
                Mike & Linda
                2022 Reflection 337RLS
                Ram 3500 Diesel
                Denver, CO

Comment

I don't have the Tire Linc system, and I would not buy it, simply because I do not want something that interacts with my smart phone. I use the TST system and I love it.

Bob
                  Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
                  2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by scarfile View Post
                    Thanks for the input, ya all just saved me a couple hundred worth of beer money
                    I would still buy one of the well known TPMS systems. If it prevents one blowout, you probably have saved yourself over two to three times+ what the system cost, in repairs. I have the EEZ system that I have used on two trailers now, and it has prevented one blowout so far. As far as the battery in the TPMS systems, I finally replaced my batteries after 20K miles and about three years, only because I figured they were due. Never disconnected them during winter storage. Display inside the truck is plugged in, so no real concern there.
                    2021 GD Momentum 320G 8K Axle
                    2023 Chevy 3500HD LTZ SB CC 4x4 Dmax

Comment

I've never used it because of the simple fact that I don't want yet another app running on my phone.
                      Mike and (RIP Karen)
                      2021 2600RB
                      2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

This is a timely post for me. I have been debating whether to get the Tire Link system by Lippert, or go with the comparably priced system by TireMinder, or not use a TPMS at all. I think I may have found the best resource to help resolve the debate. TPMS looks really good on paper for safety sake, as long as you find one that works reliably. Not keen on spending money on something that is not reliable. I will have to look into the reliability of the other systems as well.
                        Steve & Laura
                        2021 Transcend Xplor 240ML
                        2013 F150 3.5L Ecoboost 4x4

Comment

I had a Tireminder system (still going strong for my in laws) and the Ford integrated system. Both are great and have caught puncture leaks on three occasions before I noticed them. I love the integrated system, don't need to worry about my phone, or having another display somewhere. Trailer tire pressures show up on the dash, and alert when there's an issue. Also three sensors mount on the inside same as a car tire. A bit more difficult to setup (I had them mount mind at discount tire when I replaced my tires), but the batteries are also rated for ten years which is a huge convenience.
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

As long as we're talking tpms, what are you using? After many years with TireMinder two sensors just stopped working. I've changed batteries, reprogrammed the whole system but cannot get 2 sensors to transmit. I'm doing research to see if there are new bells & whistles in the tpms field. Thanks for any input you can offer.

Comment

I sold the Tire Lync sensors that came with my new trailer and bought the GM TPMS stems. The trailer TPMS is now integrated with the Chevy driver information center - truck and trailer with a single screen and alarm system.

Now, about those separate camera systems…. GM tried with the Invisible Trailer system, but that doesn’t work for fifth wheels and requires running additional cable. It seems like someone could come up with a way to integrate a better trailer camera system with the TV camera system as part of a OEM tow package.
                              2022 Reflection 280 RS
                              2020 Silverado 2500 HD

Comment

Working...
                              X