Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post

Following this saga intently., Great information

We were at a cozy 90 degrees today.....had to run the AC for a few hours. Temp drops to 83 tomorrow, I might need a jacket.
    Just rub it in! And you are staying where? ? Ill have the Force change that forecast tomorrow...oops that is the dark side showing.

All in fun - stay warm
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

• Ok I ordered the axles and springs today.

3.5" dia 0.5" wall axles with camber (its very slight), 2x12 never adjust brakes, 6k hub with 6 on 5.5" bolt pattern. Std EZ lube spindle, Everything will be completely assembly including drums mounted and wired. Axles include new wheel nuts. The will also be sending the build sheets so I have a record of what parts I might need down the road. My current 6 on 5.5 Sendel T13 rims are rated for 3750 Lbs each.

Springs are Dexter part number 072-098-02, 6 leaf, 3500 lb including bronze bushings. Initial compression rate is the same as what I have so trailer ride should be the same except for rough roads. I will remount the sumo springs to act as bumper stops with no preload.

Axles will be shipped to me with springs mounted. They are also including 4 rear bearing seals in case I need to pull the drums for some reason. Delivery is 4 to 6 weeks

During the install I will be adding 3 Morryde X-Factor cross braces.

I probably over thought this, but I am feeling good about the final decision. My peace of mind is worth something.I also have bigger brakes and all wear parts are readily available, unlike the 4400lb axles. I am sure I can sell the 4400lb on Craig's list here.. Now to figure out if I can send my 4 sets of Timkin bearings and seals back that fit the 4400 lb axles and get the new spares that fit the new axles. I think I got them through Motion Ind, but it could have been Summit racing.

Now if it would stop snowing I can start building my cribbing. I am trying to decide if I should do the coroplast first and then the axles - more to ponder.

Keith

2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

• Axles first, then coroplast. That way you don't damage it by accident because "Murphy was an optimist".

Wait till you get the build sheet, some of the bearings may be interchangeable, or someone here may need a spare set and offer to buy them.

And it was an overcast muggy hot day here. Current conditions as of 8pm Texas time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	148
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	106550
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          Axles first, then coroplast. That way you don't damage it by accident because "Murphy was an optimist".

Wait till you get the build sheet, some of the bearings may be interchangeable, or someone here may need a spare set and offer to buy them.

And it was an overcast muggy hot day here. Current conditions as of 8pm Texas time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	148
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	106550
          Yep rub it in....but I did notice the humidity at 96% - not for me.

House furnace is still down - part needed is in CA. being overnight, but with the weather who knows. Thank the Good Lord we have the wood stove that is keeping up and so far the wood pile is holding up.

And yep I fully understand Murphy

Keith

Comment

Working...
          X