Mopeka Pro Check sensors with Cerbo GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howson View Post
    Yoda -- sorry 'bout that Keith. Wrong URL.

ncitro -- the propane sensor kit is on the Mopeka website. https://www.mopekaiot.com/product/mo...nders-w-collar

The collars are also available separately: https://www.amazon.com/AP-Products-0.../dp/B08T5M5PRS

Again, sorry for the misdirect, Keith.

Howard
    No worries. You have mentioned several times to double check what your getting. I have put this on my future list so SWMBO is happy. Spent too much already on the axles and belly stuff Need to rebuild the savings first - and maybe catch a sale. It is good to know they work.

Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

acoleman43 I find on a fifth wheel the halos are not needed. The center of the tank support is open to the ground, so the tanks can rest on the support directly and will not put pressure on the sensors. In a travel trailer where the support is a flat piece of plate they are needed.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

As far as losing the sensors from the bottom of the tank I wonder if one could look thru the DW pots and pans collection and find a couple old used round cake pans that are no longer used. These could be placed under the propane cylinder and provide a "catch" if the sensor would become dislodged. Please only try this on you own and do not blame me if you get into trouble, I have the ability to get into trouble all by myself.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          As far as losing the sensors from the bottom of the tank I wonder if one could look thru the DW pots and pans collection and find a couple old used round cake pans that are no longer used. These could be placed under the propane cylinder and provide a "catch" if the sensor would become dislodged. Please only try this on you own and do not blame me if you get into trouble, I have the ability to get into trouble all by myself.

Brian
          So what you're saying is this fella whispers "good ideas" into your ears, too?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Good Idea Fairy.png
Views:	290
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	107022
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

So I just got done with this mod. I did install the tank Halo's and also got the sensors with the retaining ring so I am not relying on the magnet. Along with that I installed a couple pieces of 3/8" thick marine grade plywood that I had laying around on top of the tank supports, fifth wheel version, these will help with not losing the tank sensors. I was able to score a couple round cake pans but decided on the wood to add a little extra storage for gloves and such. I do have a copious amount of openings in the wood for propane to be evacuated in case of a leak.
            The sensor setup with the Cerbo GX was fairly simple. I did have to do an update, if you are at less than version 2.92 then you will need to update the Cerbo GX before setting up the sensors. The recommended TP Link is for adding signal strength to the Cerbo GX wifi signal. I set up with out the TP Link, forgot I had it, and it worked fine. I will install the TP Link to make sure that the signal strength is as good as it can be. This will be a nice feature to have displayed on the Touch 50 and hopefully reduce the risk of running out of propane at 2 clock in the morning at 33 degrees in the cold rain.

Thanks acoleman43 for spending a little more of my $ and causing me to work a few more days.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers I'm really happy with mine. The TP Link is really key for anyone that has their system connected to a wifi network for VRM. The Cerbo (and I think CCGX but I'm not sure) uses the same chip set and radio for Bluetooth and wifi. So I'd you're using WiFi you're better to offload the Bluetooth to another adapter or you can see communication problems.

Neil Citro

Comment

You folks have been very kind on this topic not mentioning me....like someone whose name begins with H that I know

So to cut to the chase ( $$$$) what parts do I bring to the National Rally to get this project set up?????????????????????????? Assuming folks want to help this old fart.
                i will have my laptop - so what will I need to update, and how do I do it to so? I want to ready? Not sure what WIFI will be available in area B if any..Is there a way to download what I need before hand? Remember I am pretty dumb when it comes to stuff like this.

Please be Kind old wise ones

Humbly your Pad-wan
                Keith

ncitro Country Campers howson

PS Howard is that you dressed in pink? Good likeliness if I remember your picture right Yep back to my corner
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda no worries on the update, we can get you through that at the rally. I'll be able to download whatever you need. Just grab the sensors and plastic collars.

Mopeka Pro Check Sensor for Aluminum LP Tanks - Includes Adhesive Mounting Collar for Non-Magnetic Tanks https://a.co/d/fctjTka

If you have your Cerbo connected to wifi then you might want the USB Bluetooth adapter.

Neil Citro

Comment

I was trying to see how the TP Link was, is, used by the Cerbo but I can not seem to see it or if it is doing anything. Is there a setup that needs to take place in order for it to do its thing? Searching thru the threads I do not see any mention of TP Link setup.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
                      Yoda no worries on the update, we can get you through that at the rally. I'll be able to download whatever you need. Just grab the sensors and plastic collars.

Mopeka Pro Check Sensor for Aluminum LP Tanks - Includes Adhesive Mounting Collar for Non-Magnetic Tanks https://a.co/d/fctjTka

If you have your Cerbo connected to wifi then you might want the USB Bluetooth adapter.
                      Thanks Neil
                      No WIFI and no Bluetooth adapter for the Cerbo, but the Cerbo may have bluetooth built in - will need to check. Will I need that? Is it called the Bluetooth dongle ( https://www.victronenergy.com/access...e#pd-nav-image ) I have Bluetooth on the MPPT solar controllers. I have the USB - MK3 adapter to plug the Multiplus into my computer/laptop ( https://www.victronenergy.com/access...erface-mk3-usb ) . Right now everything just plugs into the Cerbo so I an see them on the Touch 50. Like I mentioned this is all a bit over my head.

Now may I ask what may sound like a dumb question - I have steel propane tanks so why not get the magnetic model and the adhesive mounting collar separate. I am assuming the collar prevents the sensors from separating on rough roads? Or do the sensors in the aluminum kit still have the magnets built in?

Thanks for all of your help in spending my funds

Keith

I found this picture, Cerbo does have Bluetooth and this shows what I have plugged in. Hopefully I have room for the propane tank set up.

Name:	IMG_0648s.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	110333 Blue from Multiplus
                      First black USB to Touch 50 or the BMV 712 Mounted on cabin wall
                      Second and third USB to MPPT solar controlers
                      White to Touch 50 screen - this is an extension cable
                      Last black to Touch 50 I think - power connection?
                      Red/black out back is Cerbo GX power in.

Comment

Yoda Yeah the Cerbo has Bluetooth and WiFi but it uses the same radio for both, and its known to sometimes overheat and drop the connections. Some people do not have issues and some do. Using the USB BT adapter solves that problem. If you are not using it on WiFi then I would not worry about it at start.

Neil Citro

Comment

Country Campers You cannot choose which one it uses. Per Victron it automatically uses whatever it wants, but the thing to note is if the internal drops due to overheating it automatically switches to the USB one. You can check if your Cerbo is detecting the USB BT adapter by going to the following on your Cerbo/Touchscreen

Menu/Settings/IO/Sensors/Bluetooth Adapters

In there you should see two if the USB one is detected. Note this check requires Venus Version 2.9 or greater.

Name:	image.png
Views:	258
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	110336

Neil Citro

Comment

Yoda The reason for the plastic retainers is on the fifth wheel the area under the bottom of the tanks is open to the road. The magnets should hold (mine just made the trip back to Chicago from Florida with just the magnets cause my retainers were backordered) but its cheap insurance.

Neil Citro

Comment

Yoda

Get 2 of these Amazon.com: Mopeka Pro Check Sensor for Aluminum LP Tanks - Includes Adhesive Mounting Collar for Non-Magnetic Tanks : Automotive​ and 1 of these Amazon.com: TP-Link USB Bluetooth Adapter for PC(UB400), 4.0 Bluetooth Dongle Receiver Support Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/XP for Desktop, Laptop, Mouse, Keyboard, Printers, Headsets, Speakers, PS4/ Xbox Controllers : Electronics. The rest of the setup is pretty easy, if I can do it you can. You are not alone on the "computer challenged" group.

Brian​

Edit to add the Tank Halo Amazon.com: Mopeka AP Products 024-5002 Tank Halo : Industrial & Scientific​ need 2 of those as well.
                              Last edited by Country Campers; 04-15-2023, 10:23 AM.
                              Brian & Michelle
                              2018 Reflection 29RS
                              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

So theTP - link plugs into one of the two empty USB slots I have?

Comment

Working...
                                X