No announcement yet.

2021 Imagine XLS 23BHE Off Grid Electrical Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TucsonJim That makes a lot of sense on both points. I've seen some that slide to the side from Torklift but I'd need the one that is almost 5' wide. The heat is enough reason to move it inside..
    2021 Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2019 Ford Expedition w/HD Tow

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      Would it be possible to install the box so the lid opens against the propane tanks?

Brian
      That's a really good idea! I may buy one and use as it a toolbox to store the sway bars and "set up" gear. That should make up for some of the lost storage space in the passthrough.
      2021 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Comment

Wondering, probably too late since i already ordered it, if this is going to work for my install? It was $85 vs $220 for the 1000amp.

VICTRON SMARTSHUNT 2000A/50MV BLUETOOTH BATTERY MONITOR
        More information: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085VSMB2L..._TXLbFb05EQJHY
        2021 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Comment

So, you use this instead of the 712?
          Famtraveler24
          2021 Imagine 2800BH
          2019 Ford Expedition Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by sanjoserob View Post
            Wondering, probably too late since i already ordered it, if this is going to work for my install? It was $85 vs $220 for the 1000amp.

VICTRON SMARTSHUNT 2000A/50MV BLUETOOTH BATTERY MONITOR
            More information: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085VSMB2L..._TXLbFb05EQJHY
            That will work in place of the 712. The differences being, no screen on the smartshunt AND the smartshunt you ordered is heavier duty than the 712. The 712 is only 500 amp. I have the 1000 (just installed). Did you order the 2000 or the 1000? I think mine was about $200 from Battleborn.
            2020 Imagine 2400BH
            2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bellis View Post

That will work in place of the 712. The differences being, no screen on the smartshunt AND the smartshunt you ordered is heavier duty than the 712. The 712 is only 500 amp. I have the 1000 (just installed). Did you order the 2000 or the 1000? I think mine was about $200 from Battleborn.
              bellis I did get the 2000A. I just couldn't pass up a deal even if it's too much for the build.

Famtraveler24 With the Cerbo gx and the Gx touch 50, you have centralized monitoring and control of every victron component either from your smartphone via blutooth or network as well as the simple touchscreen. I really want a clean OE look from the cabin, so I'd like as few cutouts as possible. I think with the new Cerbo GX it's about break even in cost as well vs the 712 with the solar monitor, and the Multi Control if you're going that route.
              2021 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Comment

Does anyone have the dimensions of the pass through storage door and the height of the rear panel that is near the cabin on the XLS 23BHE models? Looking to pre build the circuit board and would like it to fit. Right now I’m working off of a 24x48 board size.
                2021 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Comment

Finally able to get back to you. Pass through storage door is 25.5" x 15.5".

Rear panel wall closest to cabin is 18.5" floor to the bottom of the joist and 20" from the floor to the ceiling in between the joist.

Happy to help if you need more info.

Best,

Famtraveler24
                  Famtraveler24
                  2021 Imagine 2800BH

Comment

Originally posted by Famtraveler24 View Post

Rear panel wall closest to cabin is 18.5" floor to the bottom of the joist and 20" from the floor to the ceiling in between the joist.

Best,

Famtraveler24
                    Thanks for getting the forum member that info, Famtraveler24! A couple of forum use hints to make sure they get the info: 1) Use "Quote" when replying. Makes it easier to follow the conversation. 2) Another way if "Quote" is not applicable is to "tag" the individual. To do this use the @ symbol followed by the username, like this: sanjoserob Using either of these methods will send the user a "flag" that there's a message waiting for them (like you just got from this one). sanjoserob will get one, too, since I just tagged them.

Finally, please fill out your signature line as you see sanjoserob has done and many others. The instructions are here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...-to-your-posts
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Best,

Famtraveler24
                      Thank you!!! Perfect timing because my wire showed up today!

So, I am reading that I would want to build on a panel that is 18.5" tall to mount against the back panel?
                      Last edited by sanjoserob; 07-15-2020, 05:44 PM.
                      2021 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Comment

I would think so, given it would butt up against the joists, but you'll want to measure twice...
                        Famtraveler24
                        2021 Imagine 2800BH

Comment

Hi, I thought I’d update a bit. I have all of my components in and have working measurements to start putting things together.
                          I chose 1/2” plywood to keep the weight down. I used 1/4” T Nuts to mount the inverter to give it enough support and strength. I would recommend that you use 3/4” because of the other issues I’ve had with building the battery cover and the screws not holding in the 1/2 very well. I bought some VHB tape to supplement the screws but it would have been easier not to do so.
                          2021 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Comment

It won't be long now. You sure can't beat those top notch components.

Jim
                            Jim and Ginnie
                            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

TucsonJim I think you may have commented elsewhere about the potential need to upgrade the power distribution center to match the lithium battery charge profile. Wondering if you could revisit that. I also intend on using a MultiPlus 3000 inverter charger and running the AC out to the existing WFCO-8735 converter unit, which houses all my breakers and fuses. Given I'm using the MultiPlus for charging, is there a need to change out the WFCO-8735 for one of the new WFCO or PI distribution panels that are lithium friendly? Thanks.
                              Famtraveler24
                              2021 Imagine 2800BH

Comment

TucsonJim I think you may have commented elsewhere about the potential need to upgrade the power distribution center to match the lithium battery charge profile. Wondering if you could revisit that. I also intend on using a MultiPlus 3000 inverter charger and running the AC out to the existing WFCO-8735 converter unit, which houses all my breakers and fuses. Given I'm using the MultiPlus for charging, is there a need to change out the WFCO-8735 for one of the new WFCO or PI distribution panels that are lithium friendly? Thanks.
                                You should be good, just turn off the factory converter, and you can program the Multiplus with the required profile for your lithium batteries.
                                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                                2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                                2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
                                X