Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victron remote firmware updates now available (Venus OS firmware v2.65)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victron remote firmware updates now available (Venus OS firmware v2.65)

Thought I'd let you guys know Victron released Venus OS firmware v2.65 a couple weeks ago. This new version allows for remote firmware updates for their inverters using the Remote Console. I used this new feature when I installed my new Multiplus II 2x120 without knowing remote firmware updates were a new feature. Victron has now released v2.66 which just has "minor stability improvements".
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Originally posted by bertschb View Post
    Thought I'd let you guys know Victron released Venus OS firmware v2.65 a couple weeks ago. This new version allows for remote firmware updates for their inverters using the Remote Console. I used this new feature when I installed my new Multiplus II 2x120 without knowing remote firmware updates were a new feature. Victron has now released v2.66 which just has "minor stability improvements".
    Brian forgive me for asking what might be a dumb question, but is the program you down load to your computer or smart phone to program the units? I think the name is Victron Connect. Or do I need to down load and install to my MultiPlus 120/3000/12 and if so how do I do it? What about my MPPT solar controllers?

Thanks
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
      Brian forgive me for asking what might be a dumb question, but is the program you down load to your computer or smart phone to program the units? I think the name is Victron Connect. Or do I need to down load and install to my MultiPlus 120/3000/12 and if so how do I do it? What about my MPPT solar controllers?
      Keith-

I'm pretty sure I've already asked all the dumb questions. There are none left to ask!

First, I'm BRAND NEW to this Victron stuff having just finished my install a week ago so I have a very fundamental understanding of all the Victron software and hardware. I'll let the experts here jump in and correct me as needed.

Victron Connect-
      Victron Connect is available both as a phone or desktop app. I use it primarily to monitor the system.

VRM Online Portal-
      The Remote Console is accessed via the web-based "VRM Online Portal". The VRM Online Portal is where you can do the firmware updates I mentioned in my first post above. You can access the VRM Online Portal via Victron Connect.

VE Config-
      To program the inverter (initial config stuff), you use VE Config along with the MK3-USB adapter. I'm running VE Config from a Windows partition on my MacBook.

I'm not sure if that makes it more clear or more confusing but there ya go.
      Brian & Kellie
      2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
      2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
      2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
      2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post

Keith-

I'm pretty sure I've already asked all the dumb questions. There are none left to ask!

First, I'm BRAND NEW to this Victron stuff having just finished my install a week ago so I have a very fundamental understanding of all the Victron software and hardware. I'll let the experts here jump in and correct me as needed.

Victron Connect-
        Victron Connect is available both as a phone or desktop app. I use it primarily to monitor the system.

VRM Online Portal-
        The Remote Console is accessed via the web-based "VRM Online Portal". The VRM Online Portal is where you can do the firmware updates I mentioned in my first post above. You can access the VRM Online Portal via Victron Connect.

VE Config-
        To program the inverter (initial config stuff), you use VE Config along with the MK3-USB adapter. I'm running VE Config from a Windows partition on my MacBook.

I'm not sure if that makes it more clear or more confusing but there ya go.
        This is correct, but I think you can configure the MultiPlus via Victron Connect now. I do not think I ever used the old VE Config App.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

The only firmware that I can see is for the Solar Controller and BMV. I'll have to look into this more later...

Click image for larger version

Name:	firmware.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	51218

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 8.12.06 AM.png
Views:	286
Size:	403.2 KB
ID:	51223
            Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Comment

Working...
            X